Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #46
olya
olya began at the beginning.

Device: ipad mini
Just wanted to add that on the calibre under the device option it lists all the books that were on the ipad already and it shows the book that i was trying to transfer on it as well. but the book is not on the ipad in ibooks.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #47
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Either use the 'Connect to iTunes' method to transfer content to your iPad, or create a ticket and attach a debug log from starting calibre until the problem occurs. You can find instructions on creating a ticket in the 'If you have problems' section of the Calibre +iDevices: Start here sticky.

A small number of users are unable to reliably transfer content using the direct connection method, as I mentioned in the first post in this thread. You might also look at using calibre's content server to add books to your iPad.

G
Old 02-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #48
bhterra
bhterra began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 45
Transferring books results in an connection error but the books actually transferred. Also calibre then say they are not on my iPad when they are.

When there is no error the cover is sometimes not transferred.

IPad 3 (32GB from the uk).

Running OS X 10.8.2 (12C3006)
MacBook Pro Retina, Mid 2012
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM

Last edited by bhterra; 02-09-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #49
pcboss55
pcboss55 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2nd generation and Ipad2
Ipad 2 and Kindle

If I set Calibre up for the Ipad 2 conversion to use Itunes, will I still be able to download to my Kindle as well? Some items I want on my Ipad and some I want on my Kindle...
Old 03-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #50
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcboss55 View Post
If I set Calibre up for the Ipad 2 conversion to use Itunes, will I still be able to download to my Kindle as well? Some items I want on my Ipad and some I want on my Kindle...
Using calibre to transfer books to a connected iDevice sends them to iTunes or iBooks (ePubs and PDFs). If you want to send books to Kindle for iOS, you need to drag the books from calibre's library to the Kindle for iOS document sharing folder in iTunes.

If you're talking about a hardware Kindle, there's no conflict between sending books to the two different devices. You can only have one connected at a time, but you can send whatever books you want to either device, as long as you have the appropriate formats available.

G
Old 03-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #51
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Using calibre to transfer books to a connected iDevice sends them to iTunes or iBooks (ePubs and PDFs). If you want to send books to Kindle for iOS, you need to drag the books from calibre's library to the Kindle for iOS document sharing folder in iTunes.

If you're talking about a hardware Kindle, there's no conflict between sending books to the two different devices. You can only have one connected at a time, but you can send whatever books you want to either device, as long as you have the appropriate formats available.

G
Interesting. Noted.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #52
melvynadam
Connoisseur
melvynadam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone, iPad
Installed but now I get "Error communicating with device"

In iTunes, I've cleared the "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi" option and checked "Manually manage music and videos".
When I launch Calibre it finds my device (iPhone 4 with iOS 6.1.3).
When I click "Show books in the main memory of the device" it shows sensible information.
However, when I right click on a book in my library and "send to device" I get the following:
Code:
calibre, version 0.9.24
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

(-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, None, None, None, 0, -2147418113), None)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 551, in _upload_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1174, in upload_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1519, in _cover_to_thumb
  File "<COMObject Item>", line 2, in SetArtworkFromFile
com_error: (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, None, None, None, 0, -2147418113), None)
After I close the error window, "Show books in the main memory of the device" includes the book that failed to copy as if it were successful (but it's not showing in iBooks).
Old 03-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Could this plugin be adapted to allow it to talk to apps that allow sideloading of eBooks via iTunes such as Marvin and Bluefire Reader?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #54
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Could this plugin be adapted to allow it to talk to apps that allow sideloading of eBooks via iTunes such as Marvin and Bluefire Reader?
I'm in the early stages of exploring this. It would be an independent driver per reader app, not an all-in-one driver.

G
Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #55
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvynadam View Post
In iTunes, I've cleared the "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi" option and checked "Manually manage music and videos".
When I launch Calibre it finds my device (iPhone 4 with iOS 6.1.3).
When I click "Show books in the main memory of the device" it shows sensible information.
However, when I right click on a book in my library and "send to device" I get the following:
Code:
calibre, version 0.9.24

(-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, None, None, None, 0, -2147418113), None)

File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1174, in upload_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1519, in _cover_to_thumb
com_error: (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, None, None, None, 0, -2147418113), None)
After I close the error window, "Show books in the main memory of the device" includes the book that failed to copy as if it were successful (but it's not showing in iBooks).
Create a ticket as described in the 'Start here' sticky, including the full debug log. You can also use the 'connect to iTunes' method to avoid the problem in the meantime.

G
Old 03-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #56
Dethmaul
Dethmaul began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
Communication Error Message

I keep getting this message:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.25

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\jjauert\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_svxbp3\\ftsj6y_rm_worker\\0.epub'

File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1166, in upload_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1401, in _add_new_copy
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 2789, in _update_epub_metadata
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\jjauert\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_svxbp3\\ftsj6y_rm_worker\\0.epub'
Here is the debug:
I was going to post the debug, but the debug process seems to be just hanging.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #57
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Looks like something is blocking access to temporary files that Calibre creates as part of the process. Try disabling your A/V software (just for the test)
Old 05-13-2013, 05:13 AM   #58
maorui2k
maorui2k began at the beginning.

I tried to upload a book to my iPad 1, but got following error messages.

Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.30

(-2147352567, '\xb7\xa2\xc9\xfa\xd2\xe2\xcd\xe2\xa1\xa3', (0, None, None, None, 0, -2147418113), None)

File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1178, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1524, in _cover_to_thumb
com_error: (-2147352567, '\xb7\xa2\xc9\xfa\xd2\xe2\xcd\xe2\xa1\xa3', (0, None, None, None, 0, -2147418113), None)
But if I tried again immediately, the upload was successful.

And whenever I tried to remove a book from iPad, I always got following error messages.

Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.30

local variable 'pythoncom' referenced before assignment

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 575, in _delete_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 752, in delete_books
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'pythoncom' referenced before assignment
My OS is Windows 7 64bit, and installed Calibre 0.9.30 64bit. I also tried 32bit, but got same result.

I cannot open an bug ticket, because Calibre cannot work in debug mode for unknown reason.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #59
GRiker

To run calibre in debug mode, try opening the command window in Administrator mode, then typing 'calibre-debug -g'.

You can also create a ticket using the information you posted, including the OS and iDevice you're using.

G
Old 05-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #60
maorui2k
maorui2k began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
To run calibre in debug mode, try opening the command window in Administrator mode, then typing 'calibre-debug -g'.

You can also create a ticket using the information you posted, including the OS and iDevice you're using.

G
I tried the command, but the iTunes windows flashed once, and then the pulgin cannot identify my device as usual.
Closed Thread

Tags
apple, idevice