Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
zon9873
zon9873 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-600
New Feature Suggestion: MEGAUPLOAD / RAPIDSHARE direct download

Hello

I would like to suggest the following feature to the developers.

Let's imagine I have a book which is in public domain and it can be freely downloaded.

And let's imagine I have a megaupload or rapidshare link...

The feature I suggest is:

A download manager inside Calibre where I can:

1. Paste the url address
2. Download the book directly from MEGAUPLOAD or Rapidshare
3. Decompress automatically the RAR or ZIP file
4. Store the ebook inside the comrpessed file, directly in the Calibre Library

zon9873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, PRS-350/950, HP Touchpad, Kindle Keyboard
Seems like a lot of programing to save a few simple actions... Plus, I don't think a lot of people around here use rapidshare as a source of books.
Waba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Even if enough people wanted this--I'm not sure Calibre could program in the time-delay for unregistered users, and can't put in the code letters for Rapidshare. And not everything on MegaUpload & Rapidshare is zip or rar; comics are often cbr/cbz; some zip/rar files contain multiple files, and some files are uncompressed. Oh, and sometimes there's malware hiding in the zip file. Very likely, nobody's going to write enough code for Calibre to detect the difference between all those and process the ebook(s) the way the downloader wants them processed.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote