Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #1
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
H2O sleepcover deffective?

I just tried 3 of these in the store before giving up. The 'magnetic closure' wouldn't hold up to a breeze, and the cover just flaps open with no way to secure it (other than gravity, if the book is laying down right side up.) Did someone forget to put magnets in these things??
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:41 PM   #2
Thane1
Connoisseur
Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
If its like my Kobo Mini Sleep cover the magnet is just there to switch between on and sleep, it doesn't hold the cover in position.
Thane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2015, 05:48 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
I just tried 3 of these in the store before giving up. The 'magnetic closure' wouldn't hold up to a breeze, and the cover just flaps open with no way to secure it (other than gravity, if the book is laying down right side up.) Did someone forget to put magnets in these things??
That sounds about right. I have one.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane1 View Post
If its like my Kobo Mini Sleep cover the magnet is just there to switch between on and sleep, it doesn't hold the cover in position.
The Kobo H2O sleep cover does have a magnet that looks as if it's intended to help hold the cover closed as well as the one that is intended to trigger sleep.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #5
dr. ego
dr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo H2O
When i bought my kobo h2o sleepcover, the magnet fell out of the package when i opened it. The quality control is really off on these sleepcovers. Some have too strong magnets that put the reader in sleep when folding back, others like me have a magnet that is too weak to keep the reader in sleep or sometimes doesn´t put the reader to sleep at all on closing and wakes up all the time with the cover still closed.
dr. ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2015, 11:12 PM   #6
dedeaux
dedeaux began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I agree with dr. ego... I believe these covers are suffering from poor quality control. While the metal strip didn't fall out when I opened mine for the first time, I did, after only three days of use, find that it no longer held closed. Then, while reading in my favorite spot, I noticed a thin strip of metal laying beside me. When I looked at the cover, I saw where this strip had come from -- there was just a tad of adhesive left. I just glued mine back and it is working fine.
dedeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:15 PM   #7
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Out of curiosity, are the H2O sleep covers waterproof?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote