Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
I will be upgrading and my current Kindle Fire HD will find its way to eBay soon. Should about cut the price in half of my 32GB Wifi model.

I am pretty excited about being able to download Prime videos!
I'm giving my old KF to hubby or my FIL if my hubby wants the new HD one then I get him that for Christmas and the old one I can give to my FIL. I am getting the HDX one and I can't wait!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #17
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I don't have any money to splurge on a HD right now. I splurged on the eMusic booster sale and got $100 in freebies. Plus I have medical/tuition bills to pay.

I don't have any interest in the HDX. The new OS looks nice though.

My brother rarely touches his HD, and my dad likes the first generation better than the HD's OS and browser.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is such a limited selections of cases on Amazon for the HDX. I know it will increase but surprise Marware only has one case on there there. I really like the Belkin but I don't want a case that is cloth on the outside.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:35 AM   #19
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I don't think that's been determined yet. The 2012 model has a TI OMAP 4460 CPU running at 1.2 GHz. The 2013 model got a speed bump to 1.5 GHz; within the limits of that CPU.
According to the "Kindle Fire Device and Feature Specifications" list (for developers) here, the new HD 7" has a Dual Core TI OMAP4 (4470) HS, 1.5 GHz CPU, which is the same as last year's HD 8.9". As you stated, last year's HD 7" had a Dual Core TI OMAP4 (4460) HS, 1.2 GHz CPU.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #20
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
HDX has more power !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
According to the "Kindle Fire Device and Feature Specifications" list (for developers) here, the new HD 7" has a Dual Core TI OMAP4 (4470) HS, 1.5 GHz CPU, which is the same as last year's HD 8.9". As you stated, last year's HD 7" had a Dual Core TI OMAP4 (4460) HS, 1.2 GHz CPU.
"2.2GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 800 CPU, with Adreno 330 GPU and 2GB of RAM"

Plus, "Up to 11 hours of reading, surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music. Up to 17 hours of battery life when only reading"

It also has an ambient light sensor and adjusts brightness and glare in bright sunlight and should be close to an eInk reader in bright light. I'll be especially interested in that feature. My present KFHD732 2012 still has too much glare in bright light.

Here is that link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._i=507846#tech

So far, it appears I am the ONLY Forum poster to have actually ordered the KFHDX732 2013. I'll let everyone know on Oct 18 how it really works out.

My new Paperwhite 2013 also arrives this Wednesday, Oct 2, 2013.

Last edited by sirmaru; 09-28-2013 at 09:36 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #21
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Nope! I am sticking to what I have. I just purchsed a new computer for me & next week buying a new computer for my son. I have been without a computer for 6 months & my sons 10 yr old computer died yesterday!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #22
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Nope! I am sticking to what I have. I just purchsed a new computer for me & next week buying a new computer for my son. I have been without a computer for 6 months & my sons 10 yr old computer died yesterday!
Welcome to the club. My Dell PC died 6 weeks ago after 3 years and I had to buy a new Dell Windows 8 PC. Wow, is it faster than the old one.

I also had to buy a new 2013 Dodge Dart run with 100 voice commands as well after my old 2002 Dodge Neon died. It took me 3 weeks of in driveway practice to memorize those 100 voice commands.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #23
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
No way I buy a Dell! HP only!! Kevin computer was 10 yrs old! I sold mine 6 months age was 4+ yrs at the times Still going strong for the guy that purchsed it!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #24
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I ordered the 7" hdx with 64gb and it will be delivered on 10/18/13.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #25
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
I ordered the 8.9 HDX and it will be released on 11/7/2013.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #26
sirmaru
Wizard

Finally, a couple more converts to the HDX - best of all eReaders.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #27
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
Eh. I'm fine with what I have.
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I'm waiting on a case before I ordered. It's a pretty done deal. The money is sitting in my Amazon account. I've been working since July on it, being paid in Amazon Gift Cards and now I have enough for the HDX 16 and a case or a PW2 and Case. I plan to get the HDX first hubby has pretty much taken over the KFv1.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #29
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm tempted more by the new paperwhite but my old one works ok. The new HDX's do look nice, i'm waiting to see what apple announces in OCT. Although I have way too many tablets as is, I have an Ipad mini and a Nexus 7 2013 and a Asus TF300t.
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #30
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Maybe someday...when they are $50 less I wouldn't mind having one but that is out of my price range right now.

I bought two win7 Dell desktops last year, refurbs straight from Dell. I have a 10 year old Dell win XP still working fine, (just slow, 1gb ram is max) and some other old Dell win XP desk tops still working. I also have a Dell laptop that needs work, and a Dell netbook that I will be selling soon, works fine, just don't need it. So yeah, we are Dell PC people, here!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote