Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-22-2012, 04:39 AM   #1
Barzo
Barzo began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage eDGe
Question WiFi not visible in EE (Ermine)

Hi,

I have a problem with my new EE.
At work we have a WiFi network with WPA2/PSK but my EE doesn't see it while, for example, my Samsung SII (android 4.0) is correctly connected!

The strange thing is that the EE sees all the other networks (eg. my home network, with the same protection, works perfectly) but this!!

Any idea?

thanks in advance,
Daniele.
Barzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
I can think of a couple possible reasons. It's possible the signal strength of the WiFi and the receive sensitivity of the EE are likely the problems. My son had a similar problem at school, he couldn't pick up WiFi in one of the classrooms on an EE, but his Pocket eDGe picked up the Wifi in the exact same spot with no problem. However, he was able to pickup WiFi on the EE in the library as he was probably closer to the Wireless Access Point (WAP). Your Samsung II likely has better receiver sensitivity than the EE.

Finally, have you tried to do a manual scan to see if the EE will pick up the network? Settings --> Network Controls --> WiFi Settings --> Press the MENU button and select Scan. Also, you can try to Add Wi-Fi Network from the Wi-Fi Settings page if you know your work's WAP SSID
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
Barzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
It's possible the signal strength of the WiFi and the receive sensitivity of the EE are likely the problems.
Hi, thanks for your reply...
Yes, I thought the same thing...maybe I will try to move more close to the AP and see if something changes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Finally, have you tried to do a manual scan to see if the EE will pick up the network? Settings --> Network Controls --> WiFi Settings --> Press the MENU button and select Scan. Also, you can try to Add Wi-Fi Network from the Wi-Fi Settings page if you know your work's WAP SSID
Yes, I tried both but with no success!

Regards,
Daniele.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One other thing I forgot. This is highly unlikely but ask your network administrator if your company's WAP is set up to accept 802.11g connections as most likely the WAP is 802.11n standard. The EDGe uses 802.11b or 802.11g. A 802.11n WAP not set up for mixed connections could also explain the problem.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:40 AM   #5
Barzo

Hi,

I tell to the net admin to change the AP channel and voitlà!
The EE now see the network and can connect to it!

Daniele.
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barzo View Post
Hi,

I tell to the net admin to change the AP channel and voitlà!
The EE now see the network and can connect to it!

Daniele.
Good information to know. Glad it's working for you also.