Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #121
roa71@yahoo.com
roa71@yahoo.com began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
i got the executive case for Christmas. initial impressions is that it is a nicer case than the default from amazon. seems to hold the device a little better. but (and i know this sounds trivial) it takes another second or two to get setup to read. have to pull the tab out and hook into the flip side. so, i was on the fence with the case.

however, i just got the eluminator a couple days ago and that makes a big difference. fits perfectly in the case. i love not having to hunt for my booklight to read in low light areas. the light really completes the case.

i would highly recommend.

rick..
roa71@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #122
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Someone thought that was spam?

Kinda tacky, maybe.

By that measure, ninety percent of my posts would be spam.

Just sayin'.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #123
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Maybe they assumed Libby was the seller.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #124
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
I've seen the same exact post in 4 different Kindle forums and in threads where it really didn't seem to belong. It felt like spam. Sorry that I seemed to have jumped the gun.

Perhaps you could start a thread about these and why you like them so much. I do like handmade things, especially crocheted, and would be interested to know more about them in the proper place.

Last edited by MonaLS; 01-13-2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: (flesh out my thought)
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #125
Libby Cone
scribbler
Libby Cone doesn't litterLibby Cone doesn't litterLibby Cone doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Maybe they assumed Libby was the seller.
Nah, I don't crochet, I knit. A lot. And I confess to trying to promote my book, but without being obnoxious about it, so I use knitting as a hook. But I AM a big fan of homemade stuff; I knit (and used to sew) a lot of my own clothes. I used to roast my own coffee beans (until I almost burned the house down). My husband has started making his own apple butter.

Someone beat me to the punch on starting a thread on handcrafted Kindle covers, so I'm posting there.

I'm anxiously awating an email from a publisher today; I don't know if they will want the digital rights, so you may still be stuck with me!
Libby Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #126
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Cone View Post
Nah, I don't crochet, I knit. A lot. And I confess to trying to promote my book, but without being obnoxious about it, so I use knitting as a hook. But I AM a big fan of homemade stuff; I knit (and used to sew) a lot of my own clothes. I used to roast my own coffee beans (until I almost burned the house down). My husband has started making his own apple butter.

Someone beat me to the punch on starting a thread on handcrafted Kindle covers, so I'm posting there.

I'm anxiously awating an email from a publisher today; I don't know if they will want the digital rights, so you may still be stuck with me!
i understand feeling a bit uncomfortable about trying to promote your book, but i humbly suggest that since this is a forum about reading, full of people who love reading and books of all sorts, a post about your new book would probably be welcomed and get you quite a lot of feedback (if that's what you're looking for) and possibly new readers. and, if you make a new thread to tell people you wrote a book, everyone will understand your purpose and you don't risk being misinterpreted as spam (as long as you're not spammy about it, ie if you make a new thread for the topic and only post it once).

i think perhaps the misunderstanding here came from the fact that people don't necessarily see the connexion between knitting and your book (and since it's apparently not a book about knitting, that makes sense), and so your purpose was not clear, and in addition the knitting posts were not necessarily relevant to the topic, leading to more confusion.

if you want to promote your book, i think it would be more effective to be straightforward about it and talk about your book, not knitting.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #127
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Ok..my new m-edge cover came today. Its nicely made but my first impression is that I like the original cover better. (Admittedly, its probably because I was so used to the old cover).

I should mention that I never had a problem with my the original cover (my Kindle was quite secure with the elastic slipped over the bottom right and without velcro). Never saw the need in spending a lot of money to replace it. Like the Kindle, the original was functional.

I read with my cover folded back and immediately I noticed how the wider spine on the M-Edge (to accomodate the light, I believe). Bending the cover back is awkward. Hopefully, it will soften with use over time. For the first time, I find myself accidentally clicking the page forward keys all the time. Hopefully, my hands just need to adjust.

Not sure what to do with the strap when reading (although I do like how it keeps the cover closed when not in use). I tried slipping it under the Kindle and ended up accidentally turning pages.

Its real leather, nicer looking and better constructed than my original cover. I like the corners...but for me, it doesn't enhance my reading experience with the Kindle.

I really don't like the added bulk This feels more like the daytimer I carry around to meetings at work. I love slipping my Kindle into my (already crowded) purse and the last thing I wanted was something larger in dimension. My original cover looks like a little sister next to the fancier M-Edge.

That being said, I haven't received my light yet which was the motivating factor for replacing my original cover. I've wanted a built in light from day one. So I'm keeping the M-Edge in hopes that the light is well designed and will make the inconvenience of switching to a larger cover worthwhile.

Last edited by Boston; 01-14-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #128
roa71@yahoo.com
roa71@yahoo.com began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
That being said, I haven't received my light yet which was the motivating factor for replacing my original cover. I've wanted a built in light from day one. So I'm keeping the M-Edge in hopes that the light is well designed and will make the inconvenience of switching to a larger cover worthwhile.
I felt the exact way you did before receiving the light. Having the light integrated in the case has been a real nice change. Not having to fumble for a night light is a huge plus. It's good even for low light situations. Thus, I use the light alot.

I agree, I like the compactness of the original. But, I think I will stick with the medge for now. I tuck the tab back into the flipped over cover.

Rick..
roa71@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:47 PM   #129
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Thanks Rick..I am getting used to the cover but hopefully I'll love it once I get the light (which may be awhile given the wait for those is almost as long as buying a Kindle )
Old 01-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #130
greg777
greg777 doesn't littergreg777 doesn't littergreg777 doesn't litter

Device: kindle
free m-edge Kindle Cover

For anyone that may be interested I'm having a contest this month at my Kindle blog. I'm giving away a free m-edge Kindle Cover. Just go here: M-edge Kindle Cover
greg777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #131
Boston
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by roa71@yahoo.com View Post
I felt the exact way you did before receiving the light. Having the light integrated in the case has been a real nice change. Not having to fumble for a night light is a huge plus. It's good even for low light situations. Thus, I use the light alot.

I agree, I like the compactness of the original. But, I think I will stick with the medge for now. I tuck the tab back into the flipped over cover.

Rick..
My light arrived today...and I am happy with it. My decision to go with the M-Edge for the light was the right one for me.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #132
coolcat1901
coolcat1901 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I was looking at a few different ones on Amazon... can't make up my mind. The custom ones are also cool cause you can design your own thing.
coolcat1901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #133
Boston
Fanatic

As much as I love my light, I find I have to periodically "re-sit" the battery to get it to work. I wrote M-Edge and they are happy to exchange it, but I'm afraid there may be a design or mfg problem as it looks like I am not the only one having issues.

http://www.amazon.com/M-edge-e-Lumin...&cdSort=oldest
Old 02-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #134
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
As much as I love my light, I find I have to periodically "re-sit" the battery to get it to work. I wrote M-Edge and they are happy to exchange it, but I'm afraid there may be a design or mfg problem as it looks like I am not the only one having issues.

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. I had such high hopes for this product!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #135
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
The light is not currently available. I wonder if they pulled it for "adjustments." Bummer, because I was going to get one.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, dodge, duck!