Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Kindle Touch screen ghosting

I just noticed that mine has pretty severe ghosting problem even with refresh rate set to every page. When I go from a book to screen saver, if the background is light, I could almost read each line of the text

It's more noticeable under bright light, and my K4NT doesn't suffer issue. I'm going to call amazon to get a replacement to see if it gets better. Anyone else has similar issue?
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
Arcadian
Arcadian began at the beginning.

Device: KK, K4, K5, KT, KF, PW1, PW2, PW3,Voyage
Yes, absolutely. I just created a thread as well. I get ghosting as well as slow page turns. My ghosting is (mostly) eliminated by changing the setting to refresh with each page turn, but I still get it a little even then. I have no such issues with my K4 NT.
Arcadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Eew. Ghosting. Hope that doesn't become a major wide-spread issue.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
I noticed the ghosting when it was set to every six pages. When I set it to every page it went away. My page turning is fairly fast. I'm wondering how the every page refresh affects battery life.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
kuklachica
Enthusiast
kuklachica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/WiFi
I was just about to create a topic about this. It happened no matter what setting it was on, and primarily between home screen page flips and going from screen saver to home screen. Not quite as much in books.

I contacted amazon, they were not able to fix it, and sent a new one. Well, this is how the new one arrived, and needless to say, it is not any better. It LITERALLY arrived IN THE BOX like this.

I am not impressed.

kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklachica View Post
I was just about to create a topic about this. It happened no matter what setting it was on, and primarily between home screen page flips and going from screen saver to home screen. Not quite as much in books.

I contacted amazon, they were not able to fix it, and sent a new one. Well, this is how the new one arrived, and needless to say, it is not any better. It LITERALLY arrived IN THE BOX like this.

I am not impressed.
that sucks... My replacement should come next week so we'll see... but I have a feeling that it's firmware related...
Old 11-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
I just noticed that mine has pretty severe ghosting problem even with refresh rate set to every page. When I go from a book to screen saver, if the background is light, I could almost read each line of the text

It's more noticeable under bright light, and my K4NT doesn't suffer issue. I'm going to call amazon to get a replacement to see if it gets better. Anyone else has similar issue?
Similar to my first K4 remember it ghost everything. I think it's a bad one I'd definitely replace it if it's doing that.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklachica View Post

I am not impressed.

Send those pics to them. A bad batch must br going around ask them to send you one from a different warehouse.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:49 AM   #9
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Forgive the daft question,. but what is wrong with those photos..?
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:11 AM   #10
ThomasK
ThomasK began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
Forgive the daft question,. but what is wrong with those photos..?
Look closely there is on-screen keyboard ghost under the USb cable.
ThomasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:45 AM   #11
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
Is there a way to force refresh and remove ghosting in Touch? It was possible in K3 or K4 Classic through keyboard shortcuts, and here's no keyboard.
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:19 AM   #12
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
It seems to me, and this is not a scientific observation, that the ghosting got a lot better after a few days of use. I actually switched it back to every 6 pages which initially was awful. Now, in regular use, it is very hard to see the ghosting. Initially, by the fourth screen there was a gray haze around the letters. Your mileage may vary.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #13
Arcadian
Arcadian began at the beginning.

Device: KK, K4, K5, KT, KF, PW1, PW2, PW3,Voyage
Stingo, I have noticed that the ghosting seems to have gotten a little less severe since I posted about the issue yesterday as well. At first I thought that maybe I was just getting accustomed to it, but I don't think that's the case. The ghosting seems better, but the page turns are still significantly slower than my K4.
Arcadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #14
shinew
Addict

Mine did not get any better. I'm surprised to find that it's the grayish page that's most noticeable, not the blank/white page. The most noticeable place I could see ghosting is the 30% off yoga SO screensaver where it shows a lake and a person sitting down. If you have a touch, you can turn it on/off to shuffle to the SO page and see if you're getting the same thing.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #15
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
these reports are getting me nervous. I already sold my kindle dx and my kindle touch is shipping on monday.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote