Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #121
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't see the shiraz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-19 18.29.05-.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	101557  
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #122
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Cheers . . . Hic!
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #123
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
now this is customer service!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #124
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Crap x 89873^90347893. Update-restart loop with regular Wifi setup. With strange in-complete screen refreshes Always great beginning to have to factory reset a new device you've done nothing with yet

Factory reset, then Wifi setup again -> update-restart loop again.
Woohoo! Glad you finally got it.

Can you tell us whether your's updated with 2.4.0? Still trying to update this replacement, but 2.3.1 is all I can get so far.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #125
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Woohoo! Glad you finally got it.

Can you tell us whether your's updated with 2.4.0? Still trying to update this replacement, but 2.3.1 is all I can get so far.
Thanks!

Nope, it updated to 2.3.1. I manually updated to 2.4.0 with absolutely no problems at all.

And battery level hasn't changed all afternoon
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #126
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
now this is customer service!
Indeed! It's the perfect boyfriend
Old 02-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #127
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
eReader from Canada, plonk from Oz. Truly global service
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #128
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Glad you got it back. It would be nice if the customer service department set up replacements with the latest firmware, but I guess since 2.4.0 hadn't been fully rolled out yet it might have been expecting a bit much. They probably pull replacements out of sealed stock anyhow.

Glad you got it sorted and that the battery drain issue seems to be resolved.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #129
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
eReader from Canada, plonk from Oz. Truly global service
Yep *and* a surprise compensation in the form of store credit in UK pounds from executive care via Sameer

I have now forgiven them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Glad you got it back. It would be nice if the customer service department set up replacements with the latest firmware, but I guess since 2.4.0 hadn't been fully rolled out yet it might have been expecting a bit much. They probably pull replacements out of sealed stock anyhow.

Glad you got it sorted and that the battery drain issue seems to be resolved.
My replacement was brand new indeed. I actually prefer a sealed replacement to a *touched* one (yuk!) with 2.4.0 on

I'm not quite sure about the battery yet. It was at 64% yesterday, then 57% this morning (slept during the night) and is at 53% now (still sleeping, didn't use it today). But of course I don't know if it means anything seeing it has had no cycles yet. We'll see.

Thanks everyone for all your support! Off I go
Old 02-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #130
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Yep *and* a surprise compensation in the form of store credit in UK pounds from executive care via Sameer
And what did you do to get that surprise eh?
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:59 AM   #131
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
And what did you do to get that surprise eh?
Me? Do anything? Gosh!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #132
jclim00
Nameless Being

I thought I had been having battery issues with my Kobo when I got it a few weeks ago. I had the same issue of putting the device to sleep at night and waking up in the morning and seeing it's down 20% from what it previously was. Kept happening repeatedly, really weird because the battery hardly ever seemed to move more than a few percentage points after periods of long reading. So instead of recharging it during the day I decided to let the battery drain and charge it from as little as possible.

Around.. 65% of the battery, it seems to have stopped losing charge while in sleep mode, and the battery usage seems to have normalized. It's been a few days and it's only gone down to 50% after periods of long reading. I'm guessing the constant rechargings never let the device calibrate the battery meter, or however this kind of stuff is supposed to work. Still going to let it run out, but it looks like it'll take longer than I thought!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #133
Mrs_Often
Wizard

So. My Glo replacement.

It had 50% charge out of the box. I plugged it in for a while messing around with adding files. Eventually it was around 65% (I can't remember). That lasted me 2.5 days.

My first full charge was completed (well, done overnight) yesterday morning. It spent most of yesterday on 100%.

This morning it was at 82%.

Now, after six hours in sleep mode... it's at 67%.