Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
It was 30 years ago today...

John Lennon, a musical genius was killed.

http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=13635516

It was 30 years ago that the world lost a legendary singer and songwriter.

It was December 8th back in 1980 that Beatles co-founder John Lennon was gunned down in front of his New York apartment by a crazed fan, Mark David Chapman.

With Lennon's help, The Beatles shot to international fame in the 60s and to date have sold more than a billion records worldwide.

Lennon later had a solo career, with his hit "Imagine" being one of the most popular songs of all-time.

Lennon was also remembered for his stance on peace and being against the Vietnam War with wife Yoko Ono.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:43 AM   #2
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Peace and love, Kenny;there they were, in bed, in our country in Amsterdam in 1969:
I was seventeen at the time....made a huge impression.

Last edited by desertblues; 12-08-2010 at 07:46 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Skipped my daily pub break that day, bought a whole heap of lilies and handed them out to passing strangers on the street. All seems a bit hippy-skippy looking back on it now, but at the time, Kenny, I received nothing but a sad thank-you and the occasional tear. Nobody thought me nuts. Mind you, I was in Liverpool at the time. Best. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Skipped my daily pub break that day, bought a whole heap of lilies and handed them out to passing strangers on the street. All seems a bit hippy-skippy looking back on it now, but at the time, Kenny, I received nothing but a sad thank-you and the occasional tear. Nobody thought me nuts. Mind you, I was in Liverpool at the time. Best. Neil
Oh man. That would have been a place to be (other than NYC). I know I was stunned and in shock for days at the senselessness of it all.
Advert