Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 05:31 AM   #1
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
Folder structure in my device

Hello,
Sorry for this that maybe is a silly question, but I 'd like to have a piece of advice. I would like to save my ebook to my device according to this structure:
Mybooks / language / Author /title
After reading Calibre guide, prices I tried with this rule:

Mybooks/{languages}/{authors}/{title}

But Calibre saves all my ebook to the folder Mybooks without generating sub folders.
What do I do wrong?

Thank you very much
Best regards
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandobras View Post
After reading Calibre guide, prices I tried with this rule:

Mybooks/{languages}/{authors}/{title}

But Calibre saves all my ebook to the folder Mybooks without generating sub folders.
What do I do wrong?
Maybe the driver for your device is configured not to use subdirectories? Look at Preferences -> Plugins -> Device interface plugins - 'the plugin for your device' (if it is indeed a Onyx Boox 60, that's probably the 'Boox' driver)
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
As an alternative, you can try Save to Disk, and then copy the folder structure that Calibre generated from your PC to your reader. For me that has always worked.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Maybe the driver for your device is configured not to use subdirectories? Look at Preferences -> Plugins -> Device interface plugins - 'the plugin for your device' (if it is indeed a Onyx Boox 60, that's probably the 'Boox' driver)
Thank you mbovenka, you were right, there was an option in the boox plugin that overruled the general rule...
it's solved!

thank you!

best regards
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandobras View Post
Thank you mbovenka, you were right, there was an option in the boox plugin that overruled the general rule...
it's solved!

thank you!

best regards
You're welcome. Been there, done that; lots of head-scratching was done when I wanted to stop using subdirs on my DX, and yet Calibre stubbornly kept on using them
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote