Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
PocketBook360 in China ?

I want to avoid the HUMUNGOUS $125 shipping fee otherwise. Any ideas where i can order it nearby maybe hongkong ?
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Shipping to China via USPS from us would be $42.00 using USPS and would take about 10 days to reach you. I don't know what other import fees or taxes you might have to pay when it goes thru customs in your country.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #3
pakiyabhai
Zealot

Duline would you know if the the UPS price on pocketbookreader.com include import fees (UPS Worldwide Expedited & Handling) ?
Old 12-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #4
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakiyabhai View Post
Duline would you know if the the UPS price on pocketbookreader.com include import fees (UPS Worldwide Expedited & Handling) ?
It never includes customs fees - or any other fees imposed by government. Only shipping and handling during transport. I don't know about your country, but here you have to pay:
original price+shipping
+ 10% customs fee on original price+shipping
+ 18% vat on all that
+ additional 50 euros for customs paperwork

You better do your homework before you order something...

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:21 AM   #5
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
No, it's just shipping and handling.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:41 AM   #6
pakiyabhai
Zealot

damn , that's why expansys china is so expensive.

Do i myself have to do all this paper work , or this will be all done for me ?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #7
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
damn , that's why expansys china is so expensive.

Do i myself have to do all this paper work , or this will be all done for me ?
Not sure. Depends. With UPS I have to get someone to get paperwork done. With USPS it get routed through regular post service and they do everything, no hassle, and cheaper than UPS-way. I have to go to post office, pay what I'm due and that's it.
Not sure about China though... You better check with someone before you order.

DrS
Old 12-09-2009, 05:12 AM   #8
pakiyabhai
Zealot

Well I took the plunge and for some reason went ahead with UPS only. Lets see what happens now !
Old 12-09-2009, 06:04 AM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Well I took the plunge and for some reason went ahead with UPS only. Lets see what happens now !
Good luck!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #10
Vesper
Addict

Quote:
Post your experience with UPS+China+reader combination. It might be useful for someone else...

DrS
Old 12-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #11
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
Post your experience with UPS+China+reader combination. It might be useful for someone else...

DrS
I added couple of bux to your postage and upgraded it to UPS Saver, I want to know what happends sooner than Expedited, it should arrive to your city on this Friday Good luck with PRC customs (no pun intended)!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:40 AM   #12
pakiyabhai
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
I added couple of bux to your postage and upgraded it to UPS Saver, I want to know what happends sooner than Expedited, it should arrive to your city on this Friday Good luck with PRC customs (no pun intended)!
OK this is going to sound stupid , i didn't understand , you added couple of bucks ? As in ? You sell them (i just saw it in your logo )... ?
Old 12-10-2009, 07:26 AM   #13
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
OK this is going to sound stupid , i didn't understand , you added couple of bucks ? As in ? You sell them (i just saw it in your logo )... ?
This means that he upgraded your posting option without having you bear the cost!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #14
pakiyabhai
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
This means that he upgraded your posting option without having you bear the cost!

Oh now I understood ,

Well buddy , Yar Thank you so very much , yes it's reached Shanghai , and Yesterday night I got these 4 bloody pages in my email . all in chinese ! which I couldn't understand anything about. All regarding my customs

I had the audacity to call up the number listed , the person on the other line obviously had no idea what am I speaking , so I finally got my friend to help me out , who left no rock unturned to scare me and tell me dude they will dismantle the entire thing dude , your ebook reader is f****, they will charge our more than $200 to even clear this . I believed him and got scared

Today morning I got my office staff to call them , I have to $87 to get it released , costs are piling up , but guys trust me there is nothing here in . No books as I already told you . I am still excited and waiting .

Would let you guys know when I have finally received it now.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:47 AM   #15
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

You'd be our pioneer in getting the device from the customs in China! I'm so curious how it will go and how much it will cost eventually.