Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
dcdcosta
dcdcosta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Format Newsletter for Kindle?

After eight weeks I am seriously addicted to the Kindle! I am also an internet news squirrel and regularly cull interesting text items for re-reading on my computer. At the end of a week I may have a few dozen articles which, thanks to an excellent software program (EverNote -- www.evernote.com) I can sort and read through on screen. Now I want to use my Kindle to do the same thing and I upload the articles as a (long!) Microsoft Word file with a Table of Contents.

Fine! But I'm more ambitious. I'd like to know how to format this file so as to sort the collected material not just into "articles" but have the articles sorted into "sections" so I can navigate easier on the Kindle. It's certainly possible, Kindle aready presents newspapers in this form, so it's a matter of knowing how to tag the stuff in order for it to be recognized.

Can anyone steer me to the appropriate place to find out how to do this?

Many thanks!
dcdcosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You can create your own books with the Publisher Edition of MobiPocket Creator (it's free).

HarryT has created a tutorial on how to make eBooks that you can read here.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

If Evernote lets you save your file as a html, just do so.
Open that file with a text editor - notepad will do, and check what type of “heading” your table of contents generates.
Use the above mentioned free Mobipocket Creator (install the Publisher Edition) to create a Mobipocket eBook with a TOC.

Best,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
format, newsletter