Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #31
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
No thanks. I had enough trouble getting my son to eat Bambi...

Stitchawl
That brought this to mind...

5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #32
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
No thanks. I had enough trouble getting my son to eat Bambi...

Stitchawl
Never had Bambi... I should try it once! I don't really care for horse meat, I prefer beef.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #33
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Never had Bambi... I should try it once! I don't really care for horse meat, I prefer beef.
A nice sirloin cut or rump roast of deer, marinated in cheap red wine, with beef fat threaded through it with a larding needle, and slivers of garlic stuck into slits around the sides, roasted in a hot oven with new potatoes and onion halves... Just a little bit of Heaven.

EDIT: ...especially if you pour some Balsamic Vinegar over the onions when they are almost done cooking!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 01-17-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Venison's quite popular these days, because it's considerably lower in fat than beef.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #35
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Buffalo, that's the good stuff.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #36
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Ever notice just how much Buffalo wings taste like chicken?

But not Buffalo chips...

Stitchawl
Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Presumably you're talking about the North American bison when you say "buffalo", rather than the "genuine" African buffalo? They're both basically wild cows - does it taste any different to any other beef?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #38
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Asian water buffalo isn't too bad tasting, but hard to chew... REALLY hard to chew. Even ground up into hamburger it's hard to chew...

On the other hand, I use buffalo shin bone to make guitar bridge saddles. Great tone and sustain as the bone is almost as dense as ivory.

Stitchawl
Old 01-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #39
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Presumably you're talking about the North American bison when you say "buffalo", rather than the "genuine" African buffalo? They're both basically wild cows - does it taste any different to any other beef?
I found Bison to be similar to beef in taste when I was in Denver for a bit. Certainly more similar than either is to lamb or mutton. But more different than the different beef breeds are to each other.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I found Bison to be similar to beef in taste when I was in Denver for a bit. Certainly more similar than either is to lamb or mutton. But more different than the different beef breeds are to each other.
Thanks. The reason I asked is that I've had "wild boar", and it tasted exactly the same as any other pork to me .
Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #41
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks. The reason I asked is that I've had "wild boar", and it tasted exactly the same as any other pork to me .
For a birthday dinner party at a smart restaurant, we explained that we didn't want any pork on the menu. The first sample menu they produced for us had some finely sliced wild boar as part of the starter.....

I think that wild boar and domestic pigs are a lot more closely related than bison and cattle.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #42
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Apparently also because they're not ruminants.

Your second point, I 1000% agree with. If you sell cow meat, it should consists of 100% cow. But I cannot find any thing about your first point. Only that it has a taboo and is banned by the Roman Catholic church (to stop pagan practices). I even found a piece that Gordon Ramsay serves horse meat in his restaurants (or at least, that was in 2007, no idea if he still does...)
What is cow meat? Are you talking about female bovines?

All cows are not bovines, nor are all bovines cows.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #43
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
What is cow meat? Are you talking about female bovines?

All cows are not bovines, nor are all bovines cows.
The term is, however, popularly used to mean that. If you say to someone, "oh look, there's a cow in that field!", then a female bovine is what they are going to expect to see.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #44
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
On the other hand, if your in Hawaii, it depends on which direction your facing. If it's mauka, it probably a bovine, but if your facing makai, it's probably a whale.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
On the other hand, if your in Hawaii, it depends on which direction your facing. If it's mauka, it probably a bovine, but if your facing makai, it's probably a whale.
I still have a suspicion that people are not going to expect to see a whale in a field.