Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #91
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The earlier versions of the plugin worked by using search.overdrive.com to detect books, which were then checked for availability at individual libraries. This could detect books that are known to Overdrive, but could not determine whether they were available for purchase by a particular library.

There were some problems using search.overdrive.com in the plugin. It is fairly slow and newly available books do not show up there immediately. I also came across several books that the search would consistently fail to locate, even though I knew they were available on Overdrive.

Since version 1.7.0 the plugin no longer uses search.overdrive.com, but instead performs all searches at individual libraries. It uses the advanced search option "Additional titles to recommend" when available at individual Overdrive library sites to find books that can be recommended for acquisition. I don't know how Overdrive determines which books appear for this search type, but I know that the results are different for different libraries.

Overdrive has a "feature" that if you use search.overdrive.com to locate a book, such as High Hunt, you can find the Overdrive content reserve ID for the book and use that pull up a page for that book at any Overdrive library. For example:

http://freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com...c-0d244012cef4

If the library doesn't have the book a "Recommend" button will be available, but that doesn't mean that the library can actually purchase the book.

Last edited by jhowell; 11-08-2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: typo
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #92
LilyEvie
Connoisseur
LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Great job on always updating this plugin. However I am having trouble working with the Freading site. I know it has Body Count. I customized the plugin with Library Id as "freelibrary.freading.com" but Calibre is not detecting the book. Following is the log results:

Search Freading for count by william kienzle
Post http://freelibrary.freading.com/BANG...esultsList.htm Sort=SortBy%3DRelevancy&PerPage=20&Title=%22count% 22&Creator=%22william+kienzle%22&CollDate=&Subject =&Format=420%2C50%2C410%2C450%2C610%2C810&Language =&Publisher=&Award=&interestlevel=&AtosBooklevel=& Lexilelevel=&GradeLevel=&availabilityoptions=
Retrying on exception: httperror_seek_wrapper
Retrying on exception: httperror_seek_wrapper
Search Freading for count by william kienzle: httperror_seek_wrapper
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.overdrive", line 490, in find_library_books
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.provider", line 173, in open_with_retry
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 203, in open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 255, in _mech_open
httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Show details:

---------------- ERRORS WHILE SEARCHING ----------------
Search Freading for count by william kienzle: httperror_seek_wrapper
-------------------- UNCHANGED LINKS ---------------------
(Key: @=Available at, !=Recommendable at, *=Discovered book)
Body Count by William Kienzle (No links)
LilyEvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #93
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyEvie View Post
Great job on always updating this plugin. However I am having trouble working with the Freading site.
From your log I can see that the problem is with the configuration of the library.

To configure a Freading library you need to click on the Provider column for the library and change the value from Overdrive to Freading. And then you need to set the library-Id to just "freelibrary", not "freelibrary.freading.com". See the HELP screen in the plugin or Usage Details in the first post of this thread for more information.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #94
LilyEvie
Connoisseur
LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. Works great.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #95
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
With the latest version of the plugin I changed the algorithm to check the individual library sites for books instead of using search.overdrive.com. I found that the previous method sometimes missed books available at libraries. Also, the new search algorithm is faster.

The search for recommendable books uses the Overdrive advanced search option for additional titles to recommend at the individual libraries. This appears to return the most accurate information on books actually available for acquisition by libraries through Overdrive at the time the search is done. Over time, books have been withdrawn from being available for new purchases by libraries and I believe that the book you mention is one of those.
Does this change work for both the old style and the new style overdrive sites?

Boston public Library is running the old site at http://overdrive.bpl.org.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #96
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does this change work for both the old style and the new style overdrive sites?

No, the plugin only supports libraries using the new Overdrive web layout. I wasn't aware that there were any libraries left still using the old one.

I'll see what I can do to support those libraries.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #97
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
No, the plugin only supports libraries using the new Overdrive web layout. I wasn't aware that there were any libraries left still using the old one.

I'll see what I can do to support those libraries.
Thanks. I figured it was that way. The best way to do it (IMHO) is to have code for both versions and some way to figure out which to use when you hit up the library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #98
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
I so love this plugin!

Now to be greedy and ask for something else. Could you add One Click Digital in the searches?
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #99
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
Could you add One Click Digital in the searches?
I took a quick look at One Click Digital and it doesn't look difficult to add support for it. I have some other changes in progress and I will try to include this in the next release.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #100
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Exclamation

Quote:
I took a quick look at One Click Digital and it doesn't look difficult to add support for it. I have some other changes in progress and I will try to include this in the next release.
You're awesome! Thank you!
Old 12-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #101
LilyEvie
Connoisseur

Any chance while you are at it for openlibrary ??

This is my favorite plugin.

Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into it.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #102
wawasteele
Addict

Quote:
Ohhhhhhh, another really good place for books. I also love openlibrary. Now that they finally have a waiting list, it's even so much better.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #103
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I will try to add that also.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #104
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
it would be nice if the 'Show Details' could be turned on by default in the customization.
Quote:
would it be possible to incorporate a search feature such as I would want anything to do with Sherlock Holmes without knowing the authors name?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
Could you add One Click Digital in the searches?
Quote:
Any chance while you are at it for openlibrary?
I have released a new version of the plugin. Significant changes are:

Support additional lending library service providers OneClickdigital and Open Library.

Discovery of books by searching using keywords. Useful for finding books about a particular topic regardless of the author.

Remember the size and position of the search results dialog box and display result details immediately without the need to click the Show Details button. (Requires calibre version 1.17 or later.)

Support old-style Overdrive web sites, such as the Boston Public Library, by using search.overdrive.com. This is slower and less accurate than the algorithm used for new-style library sites.

Use worldcat.org to find author names for books in cases where Freading returns none.

Reduce likelihood of incorrectly matching words in titles that sound similar.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #105
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Remember the size and position of the search results dialog box and display result details immediately without the need to click the Show Details button. (Requires calibre version 1.17 or later.)
You had to get this changed in calibre first? Is that why it will I guess only be supported starting with this coming up week's release?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
id=model, overdrive