Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
daithi81
daithi81 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
May I make two suggestions for Calibre?

Firstly, I would like to say how much I love your program. It has really enhanced my enjoyment of my 505.

Anyway, two things that irk me slightly.

1) When I click 'remove book' from the main library page, it should ask me if I simply want it removed from Calibre, or to be deleted from my PC. As it stands, I can't click this button without going to fish the files out of my recycle bin.

2) When clicking 'send to device' it should pay attention to what your preferred file format is. So it should either a) send that format as default or b) that file format should be top of the list. I just think this button should have a "one click" feel to it.

daithi81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
warpwar
warpwar began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
I use it to convert between formats, and I would like an option for it to keep the original file name when it outputs a converted file
warpwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
feature request should be tickets, or they will get lost.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #4
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by daithi81 View Post
Firstly, I would like to say how much I love your program. It has really enhanced my enjoyment of my 505.

Anyway, two things that irk me slightly.

1) When I click 'remove book' from the main library page, it should ask me if I simply want it removed from Calibre, or to be deleted from my PC. As it stands, I can't click this button without going to fish the files out of my recycle bin.

I have overcome this by having the original file in a different directory, import to calibre. That basically creates a copy and I can delete it from Calibre without loosing the file. But then again - if you know the files are in the recycle bin, at least you know where to get them from
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #5
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daithi81 View Post

2) When clicking 'send to device' it should pay attention to what your preferred file format is. So it should either a) send that format as default or b) that file format should be top of the list. I just think this button should have a "one click" feel to it.

Hi, did you make a feature request for item 2 already? I'd also like to be able to have my preferred format as the default for what gets sent to my device.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #6
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by daithi81
When clicking 'send to device' it should pay attention to what your preferred file format is.
The option is "preferred output format" and it only handles conversion. If you want to change the preferred format for a device you will need to change the order in the settings for particular device in the device interface plugin section.

Having the output format also dictate the device settings will cause two sources of confusion. It will override the format settings specified for the device. Also, It will have to be silently ignored by devices that do not support that particular format. A number of users use calibre with multiple people and devices. The current setup allows for them to have pre-device settings to their taste.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The option is "preferred output format" and it only handles conversion. If you want to change the preferred format for a device you will need to change the order in the settings for particular device in the device interface plugin section.

Having the output format also dictate the device settings will cause two sources of confusion. It will override the format settings specified for the device. Also, It will have to be silently ignored by devices that do not support that particular format. A number of users use calibre with multiple people and devices. The current setup allows for them to have pre-device settings to their taste.
So there is a plugin that can change the order? I just want to swap epub with lrf.

EDIT: okay i looked at the documentation and I can't find anywhere how to change the order in which Calibre sends the formats to the device?

Last edited by Amalthia; 12-09-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Prefeerences->Plugins->Device Interface Plugins->SONY
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #9
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Prefeerences->Plugins->Device Interface Plugins->SONY
Thanks! I'll try this when I get home. I went through the manual and I couldn't find this in the FAQ. Would I need to make a ticket to have it added to the manual? I'm thinking I may not be the only person with this question?
Old 12-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Excellent, I was just trying to figure out how to do this!
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote