Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
gris
Connoisseur
gris began at the beginning.

Device: m92, sonyt2,
my onyxbooxm92

i just bought the onyx booxm92. But not at booxstore but at onyx-boox.com. Mainly because I'm bit vegetarian and denied the leather sleeve.

i have some questions.

1. i wonder what firmware i do have? Can i see that somewhere! I do not find it?

sorry the writing. i like it that way. besides the english is not better!

2. with the white frame, maybe the contrast is not between the frame and the panel is not enough for me. but maybe i just need habituation. and i do not have compare with the black. can I change these settings? or does they change with firmware number? i read at firmware 1.7 that changes somehow.

3. my m92 looks a little different from the photos i saw. Can i see, like with the thinkpads, with a part number the manufacturer date and the revision or something like it.

so these are my issues till now. pls help. maybe need to give back.

4. the akku drains pretty quick. i can look while playin round with it how the bars reduce. is this normal? i'm testing so much clicking here and there.

byeee
gris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
The cover is not leather, it is "leather". At least mine.

The firmware number and date is in About.

The dark frame gives (opticaly) feeling the white is whiter. If you will not adjust to current white (I did), you may paint the frame or stickt dark adhesive tape.

I think it takes several power cycles (full - drained battery) for battery to start giving full capacity.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
The covers from ereader-store are 'leatherette', a material that looks and feels like leather, but it isn't leather.
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
gris
Connoisseur

oh! and I was sure it is real leather.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
gris
Connoisseur

i made the right adjustment in its power management, like standby and turn of, but it will not do this! so it stayed the night at the book page without page turn and now battery is drained. is this normal?

think cannot be normal that it doesn't execute the power setting, but draining without page turn?
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
In certain firmware versions there might be an issue that if you selected both power management times (off and sleep) than if you made it sleep manualy than instead of switching-off when time comes it wakes up instead.

Or something like that.....

Maybe setting power management to either off or sleep might help... I normally use just sleep (both manualy and by power management).
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
gris
Connoisseur

hm