Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #76
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
No worries! Hope you got your car fixed and had a good time with the missus Still looking forward to your review but will remain patient.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #77
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: KOBO. Kobo Aura
AS I haven't fully decided to change to the GLO I am looking forward to a review by a general user
The Cod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #78
9littlebees
Connoisseur
9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice

Device: Sony Xperia Arc; Kobo Glo
OK, I've decided to post the review as a Work-In-Progress, as there are currently only three out of the seven sections written. I'll also add photos after I've finished the whole thing.

You can find it over here.
9littlebees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #79
mutant_matt
Enthusiast
mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjergji View Post
So I was under the impression that KOBO, and expecially Kobo Glo handled the unencrypted .mobi format.

Does "Kobo GLO" support mobi format?
From my testing last night, I converted a Mobi book using Calibre to ePub, because I'd read on here, and seen in reviews, and seen the missing Mobi format on the Kobo Glo spec sheet. I then copied the folder manually (not using the right version of Calibre yet to send to the Glo), onto the Glo. The Mobi that was in the folder, showed up in the device, alongside the ePub.

So, for some reason, at least un-encrypted Mobil files seem to work fine on the Glo, which you'd guess to be the case, seeing as the Touch supports them.

I have no idea why Kobo don't state that they support un-encrypted Mobi books, but they do.

I hope this is of help to someone (not supporting Mobi could have been a deal-breaker for me, but I decided, before making this discovery post-purchase, that having ePub support was more important than Mobi, in the Kindle vs Kobo choice. Finding out it supports Mobil after all is just a convenient bonus).

Cheers,

Matt.
mutant_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:33 AM   #80
gjergji
gjergji began at the beginning.

Device: none
This is great news. I never liked conversions. They are prone to give formatting problems.

Can anyone else test and confirm the mobi support on kobo glo?
gjergji is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #81
9littlebees
Connoisseur
9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice

Device: Sony Xperia Arc; Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjergji View Post
This is great news. I never liked conversions. They are prone to give formatting problems.

Can anyone else test and confirm the mobi support on kobo glo?
I will test it in my review.
9littlebees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #82
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does anyone know what type of internal memory the Kobo Glo has ?
The memory where our books are stored.
I mean is it an HDD ? or a Flash type of memory or something else ?
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #83
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Does anyone know what type of internal memory the Kobo Glo has ?
The memory where our books are stored.
I mean is it an HDD ? or a Flash type of memory or something else ?
Both the Glo and the Mini use a micro SD card. See this thread.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #84
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's the external memory the SD card that can go up to an optional 32GB, but I was talking about the internal memory. The one that is about 1.2 GB in capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
Both the Glo and the Mini use a micro SD card. See this thread.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #85
Auricle
Connoisseur
Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
If you go to the thread, you'll see that the internal memory is actually an SD card. Really! There's various discussion threads about people that have successfully swapped out that internal SD card with a larger one. Not for the faint of techie hearts but cool...
Auricle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #86
Quexos
Member Retired

Oh I see. So the internal memory is but a card too.
thank you and Kevinshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricle View Post
If you go to the thread, you'll see that the internal memory is actually an SD card. Really! There's various discussion threads about people that have successfully swapped out that internal SD card with a larger one. Not for the faint of techie hearts but cool...

Tags
glo, hands-on, kobo, questions, review