Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #1
Artha
-----
Artha began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung SNE65
Stopping an ongoing search

I have a rather large database and things can be quite slow. Now, if I try to speed up the search by looking up only the titles and I mispell to tiles I get to wait and wait and, in the end there won't be any result. So how do I stop it once it takes too long?
Artha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artha View Post
I have a rather large database and things can be quite slow. Now, if I try to speed up the search by looking up only the titles and I mispell to tiles I get to wait and wait and, in the end there won't be any result. So how do I stop it once it takes too long?
You can drastically speed up all searches by limiting the fields you search. Go to Preferences - Searches and remove "comments" from the list and the speed will improve drastically because you won't be searching all of the words in every comment. I just have title, authors, tags, series, and publisher in my list.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert