Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 11:36 PM   #31
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I had problems with two books purchased on SONY's store.

The first one was a collection of Shakespeare's works which was supposedly annotated - but it had no notes.

The second was a collection of ALL Sherlock Holmes stories which was missing half of the works - well, the print edition was two volumes and the digital book, despite promising ALL the works, was only the first of two printed volumes.

In both cases, I called SONY's store, I got credit exceeding the price paid (in both cases, the price was less than $5 dollars and - according to what I was told - $5 was the least they could credit, so in both cases I got more) AND I got to keep the books.

Quality problems are real, but, despite SONY's reputation for crappy CS, I got always good results with the Reader division - not just books, also with hardware support.

A far cry from another SONY brand, Playstation. Now, THAT is crappy CS.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:18 AM   #32
pedro99
pedro99 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Google for "Apprentice Alf" and install the DRM-removal tools for Calibre. Buy your book with "Kindle for PC". Copy book from Kindle for PC into Calibre. Convert to ePub. Job done.
Many thanks for that HarryT, will take a look
pedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert