Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
shinnosuke
shinnosuke began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360º
Question Confused about names

Hi,

It seems these devices have lots of different names, and I can't compare them because I don't know which ones are the same.

My questions are:

Onyx Boox-60 = BeBook Neo = Wolder Boox = Boox Wifi tactile?

Boox-S = BeBook One?

shinnosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:20 AM   #2
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
BeBook One is Hanlin V3 rebranded

Wolder Boox and BeBook Neo ARE Onyx Boox 60 rebranded

Somebody says (and sells) that does exist a Boox version which does not have WiFi and touchscreen features, but it looks like nobody has ever seen it (why buying it, anyway?)
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:05 AM   #3
Fis2
Fis2 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto View Post
Wolder Boox and BeBook Neo ARE Onyx Boox 60 rebranded

Somebody says (and sells) that does exist a Boox version which does not have WiFi and touchscreen features, but it looks like nobody has ever seen it (why buying it, anyway?)
Fnac (and other sites) sells Wolder Boox-S (without Wifi and touch screen) in several european countries.

http://busqueda.tv-informatica-telef...oks/eBook-Boox
http://www.wolder.com/Wolder_Electronics/Ebook.html
Fis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
If I were in the market for a 6" reader and I had the choice between a BeBook Neo for €299,= and a version of same without touchscreen en WiFi for, say, the same price as the BeBook One is now (€249,=; both are current prices here in the Netherlands), I'd get that in a flash. I'm not interested in either a touchscreen or WiFi.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #5
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

1) You have to consider that Boox GUI is conceived for touchscreen + stylus use. I think that trying to use it without touchscreen would be a real nightmare.

2) Those funny Spanish guys at Wolder sell Boox at 399 € and "touchscreenless" version at 299 €. What a mockery! Neo is sold at 299 € and Onyx Boox at 299-329 € (both full touchscreen + WiFi version).

How would you call it?
Old 04-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
1) You have to consider that Boox GUI is conceived for touchscreen + stylus use. I think that trying to use it without touchscreen would be a real nightmare.

2) Those funny Spanish guys at Wolder sell Boox at 399 € and "touchscreenless" version at 299 €. What a mockery! Neo is sold at 299 € and Onyx Boox at 299-329 € (both full touchscreen + WiFi version).

How would you call it?
OK, let me rephrase that: if usability were the same, I'd get the version without touch screen and WiFI . But certainly not at those prices, no. Those are nuts. And if I had to choose between the One at €249,= and the Neo at €299,=, I'd get the Neo.

But when I bought my Bebook One last November (as a replacement for a busted Cybook Gen3) the Neo didn't exist yet. And with OpenInkpot on it it suits me fine until the new large-screen ones arrive (Jinke A9, Asus DR-900...)
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
On the contrary, the GUI is designed so that pretty much every operation CAN be done without the stylus, using the "inner" and "outer" rings of the 5-way nav button. There are very, very few operations that the stylus is required for - most notably things like text highlighting.

Why do you consider it to be a "nightmare", may I ask?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:48 AM   #8
Geppetto
Addict

I think pdf zooming without stylus would be difficult
Old 04-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
When you're reading a document, pressing "up" on the inner nav ring cycles you through all the font sizes.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote