Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
Lazer
Groupie
Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
How long for Apple to get a Smashwords edition "out"?

Smashwords sent my latest book to Apple 35 days ago and it is still unavailable in their iBook store. Is this length of time normal?

Thanks,

Tony Latham
Lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
There's no set time that I know of. Besides, Apple is Apple. They pretty much do whatever they want to, when, and how.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
How long "of" Apple...?
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
Lazer
Groupie
Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
How long "of" Apple...?
Yeah... I tried to edit that and this site wouldn't allow the header to be changed. Do I need to explain my question?
Old 06-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
Smashwords sent my latest book to Apple 35 days ago and it is still unavailable in their iBook store. Is this length of time normal?

Thanks,

Tony Latham
Assuming it is still not out, email Smashwords and ask them to look into it. I always give 30 days, then contact Smashwords. I do that for all stores. Smash is usually slow in getting back to you, so by the time they look into it, it will be more like 45 days.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
Lazer
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Assuming it is still not out, email Smashwords and ask them to look into it. I always give 30 days, then contact Smashwords. I do that for all stores. Smash is usually slow in getting back to you, so by the time they look into it, it will be more like 45 days.
Thanks V!

TL
Old 07-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
Echase
Connoisseur
Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:

Thanks,

Tony Latham
yeesh, I hope not. One of my works just got approved for the "premium" catalogue, so we'll see how long it takes to appear on apple gear.
Echase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, don't feel bad about Apple. They're not the only ones with issues. During my two years of distributor hell Amazon kept blowing us off saying "yeah, we'll get to it, we'll get to it." or "It's in the system, so it'll show up soon enough." Finally we had to haul out Sharky (our lawyer) to get them to do anything. Oy, was that a pain. We still haven't got everything sorted out with Amazon yet, but we're a lot farther along than we were two years ago. So yeah, Apple may suck, but there's others out there who suck just as bad. I've kinda found it to be just the way the business runs.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Yeah... I tried to edit that and this site wouldn't allow the header to be changed. Do I need to explain my question?
You need to have magical Moderator powers to edit the header. Fixed it for ya!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
Lazer
Groupie

fixxxxing mispellleid heeeaders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
You need to have magical Moderator powers to edit the header. Fixed it for ya!
Hey! Pshrynk: Thanks.

The book turned up on Amazon after 52 days.

L
Old 07-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #11
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Not bad. It took us 6 months to get my last one to appear on there.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #12
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
Not bad. It took us 6 months to get my last one to appear on there.
On Amazon? When I go through KDP its less then 48 hours. Or at least that has been the case with my last three novels...
Old 07-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #13
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

I go through my publisher for all my Amazon stuff. I don't do it through KDP.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #14
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
I go through my publisher for all my Amazon stuff. I don't do it through KDP.
So I guess some day if a publisher ever looks at me I can look forward to that kind of wait to!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #15
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Eh, maybe. Amazon wants to drive all publishers out of business so that they're the ONLY game in town. So that's probably why they're giving us hell about every book we put up there. It's like every book we've tried to put up there since day one has been a gigantic pissing match with Amazon, and frankly I'm tired of it.