Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Stumbl
Thread Killer
Stumbl began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Drag and drop to add books not working.

ok , I've about lost m'last marble...

is anyone else unable to add books by simply dragging them from an explorer window and dropping them into the library.
I seem to remember being able to do this , tho it may be the pain meds telling me that

Edit: figured I could resurrect my own thread since I have not found the solution

Last edited by Stumbl; 02-16-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: my computer has gas
Stumbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbl View Post
couldn't find the delete button
You cant delete a Message because it may mess up (orphan other messages) a thread.
Just type CANCELLED so we know, but ONLY if no answers pleas. If answewed. Edit if you want and ADD SOLVED or similar to the message so we know What was solved or 'd

theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
Stumbl
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You cant delete a Message because it may mess up (orphan other messages) a thread.
Just type CANCELLED so we know, but ONLY if no answers pleas. If answewed. Edit if you want and ADD SOLVED or similar to the message so we know What was solved or 'd

Thanks for the tips , theDucks
Old 02-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
ok , I've about lost m'last marble...

is anyone else unable to add books by simply dragging them from an explorer window and dropping them into the library.
What version of calibre are you using?
What OS are you running?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
Stumbl
Thread Killer

duhhhhh , thank you dwathny...

I'm not normally so brain dead and remember to post correctly.

calibre 7.45
windows vista 64bit, sp2.
it is on an HP laptop , which can sometimes give you goofy conflicts with the function keys , and the synaptics mousepad.

I do suspect it's a problem on the machine as opposed to something simple I'm missing in calibre , but hope springs eternal. IOW , I HOPE I can fix it , lol.

Yall make a mess!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
Stumbl
Thread Killer

for the record , I don't usually gab this much.
BUT !!! I have found the solution.

Many moons ago , I was converting something to something else ( formats not relavant , or remembered ) I was getting an error that looked like it was a file access issue.

So , doing what seemed natural , I changed the properties on the calibre shortcut, under compatability , to "run as administrator"
That allowed the file to be converted.

fast forward to the beginning of this thread.
Going through what I had done , and racking my fragile brain, I finally went back to the properties for the shortcut and unchecked "run as administrator"

NOW , drag and drop works as it should.
this is one of those issues that happens about once every fourteenth blue moon , lol. but I certainly will NOT forget it.

When I was a support tech, I would have told the original poster ( yes , me , lol ) that there was a loose connection between the phone and the keyboard.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
When I was a support tech, I would have told the original poster ( yes , me , lol ) that there was a loose connection between the phone and the keyboard.
Nah!
Blame it on M$ forever changing the 'rules'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote