Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
johnrt
johnrt began at the beginning.

Device: koboarc
Question Connecting external mini speakers to koboarc

I would be grateful for help in adding mini speaker to kobo arc for audio books.

At the shop where I bought koboarc they checked with tech dept who said mini external speakers would work but JVC SP-A120 is not working at the moment.
Are there any other settings which would enable JVC to work, this model has batteries which you can turn on if necessary to boost.

The JVC SP-A120 works beautifully with kindle touch
johnrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrt View Post
I would be grateful for help in adding mini speaker to kobo arc for audio books.

At the shop where I bought koboarc they checked with tech dept who said mini external speakers would work but JVC SP-A120 is not working at the moment.
Are there any other settings which would enable JVC to work, this model has batteries which you can turn on if necessary to boost.

The JVC SP-A120 works beautifully with kindle touch
You will need to turn on the battery/active mode for the external speakers. The output from the Arc's audio jack is rather low and you need to set the volume control at or near it's maximum to get an decent volume level from efficient headphones.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert