Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
Storm27
Connoisseur
Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3S, android phone
anyone successfully bought a reader from Amazon UK?

I'm still working through some questions about what the different 5 inch readers do before I work out which one I want to buy. But in the meantime, I was wondering whether anyone has had experience of ordering a reader direct from Amazon UK (as opposed to a third-party seller).

As far as I can tell, the Sony or Bookeen devices are only sold on Amazon by third-party sellers, but poking around did bring up these results for the bebook one and mini respectively.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bebook-Eread.../dp/1848414463
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1848414471

I confess to some scepticism as to whether Amazon really know what they are selling -- there is no picture or description and the devices are listed as books rather than electronics. Amazon also claims they are both in stock, even though they are showing as pre-order only on bebook’s site. On the other hand, they do seem to be the genuine article, there is a small discount and free postage and (for UK customers) returns etc would be much easier to Amazon than to an international website.

Has anyone had any success buying this way?

(Feels like a bit of a limited time opportunity -- I'm sure that if Amazon do bring the Kindle to the UK, they would want to stop selling their competitors’ products.)
Storm27 is offline   Reply With Quote