Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-18-2008, 06:32 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
New Sony Reader mystery bundle offered for Mother's Day

It can usually be said that those who like e-books began as readers. But now, maybe some e-book fans will come from converted television fans as well, because, starting today, Sony is offering a James Patterson Reader Bundle that will appeal to many fans of James Patterson's "Women's Murder Club."

For about $330, you get:
  • A Sony Reader "...[e]ncased in a limited edition autographed James Patterson cover"
  • Six downloadable titles from "the incredibly popular
    'Women's Murder Club' series courtesy of Sony's eBook Store."
  • "A customized 'Women's Murder Club' protective skin from SkinIt
    to minimize any wear and tear to your Reader"
  • A pre-loaded excerpt from James Patterson's upcoming romance novel "Sundays at Tiffany's."
Yes, you read that correctly! A romance novel by James Patterson. I thought it was romance writers moving into other genres, not the other way around, but I guess that goes to show the strength of the romance market.

If this is something that you want to get for dear mama this year, check out the bundle at SonyStyle stores or www.SonyStyle.com.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I noticed that the Skin for this reader was created by Skinit.

http://www.skinit.com/

I checked out their website and noticed that they create skins for a lot of different devices. They have many different designs or you can design your own. I did not see one for the Sony Reader though. They have a page on their website that you can vote for a device that you want a skin for.

http://www.skinit.com/vote.php

Quote:
At the SkinIt.com voting booth, your voice gets heard. You can vote for brands, designs, device models, or even device types. Every vote is read, so make yours count

Thanks for your participation in making SkinIt.com great.
Since they have already created a Skin already for the Sony Reader perhaps if enough people make a request they will sell them on their site.

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 04-18-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
the Sony Reader PRS-505 has one more vote now. If everyone votes on this site we might just make it to tripple digits

Last edited by electristan; 04-18-2008 at 09:52 AM.
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just voted. I put in ...
Sony Reader PRS-505
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:36 AM   #5
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Me too. That's a really cool skin.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I'm not a romance reader, but I always assumed that women authors had a monopoly on that market. Is it normal for romance novels to be written by dudes?
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I also notice this morning that the eBookstore is currently sporting a Beverly Cleary Bundle that might be of interest to those who, like me, grew up reading her books.

This is the second time Sony has offered a package with a SkinIt cover, the voting thing is a good idea and a great find, Madam Broshkina!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome View Post
I'm not a romance reader, but I always assumed that women authors had a monopoly on that market. Is it normal for romance novels to be written by dudes?
???? The Women's Murder Club series is mystery, not romance. Well, there's some romance. But no more than you'd find in a book by Nicholas Sparks. And he's a guy, too.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sundays at Tiffany's evidently will be.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #10
quchenchen
Digitalpublishing-CN
quchenchen began at the beginning.

Device: phone
I like it .
quchenchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #11
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I also notice this morning that the eBookstore is currently sporting a Beverly Cleary Bundle that might be of interest to those who, like me, grew up reading her books.
Rats! You got me all excited, but I visited the site only to discover that this bundle doesn't include the eternal classic The Mouse and the Motorcycle.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist

I'd forgotten about that one!
Old 04-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #13
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
???? The Women's Murder Club series is mystery, not romance. Well, there's some romance. But no more than you'd find in a book by Nicholas Sparks. And he's a guy, too.
Read the article. The bundle includes:
Quote:
A pre-loaded excerpt from James Patterson's upcoming romance novel "Sundays at Tiffany's."
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #14
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Actually, James Patterson has written a couple of novels that I'd personally consider as being in the "Romance" genre--"Sam's Letters to Jennifer" and "Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas"--both pretty good novels--IF you like the mushy stuff.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
ZenEngineer
Connoisseur
ZenEngineer has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'm trying to buy this bundle, but the Sony Style site is very buggy today. It's hard to move through the site and the bundle page doesn't offer the service plan that is offered on the page for individual readers. After dropping a PRS-500 and paying to replace it, it's worth $70 to me for "3 Year Service Plan with Accidental Damage from Handling".
ZenEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote