Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-12-2013, 05:00 AM   #796
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Nope. It's F:\extensions.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #797
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper View Post
KI think i am one step in front of the solution.... Kual starts but it can´t find any extensions..

Well, to be clear..
The RIGHT folder to create is..

F:Kindle/mnt/us/extensions?
There is an extremely wordy explanation in the top post?

Quote:
This is simply a folder called extensions located in the ROOT of the drive WHEN YOU ATTACH VIA USB TO FAT. If you forget to make one in advance of running the program for the first time... This folder will be automatically created for you, ...<snip>

"What? that really obvious place right where all the other default folders are?"
"Yep, put stuff there.. in the folder called extensions"
See a folder called Documents? And one called Music? That place.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #798
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Nope. It's F:\extensions.
Thanks. Now it works. Tried out Gems and Calc but sadly they dont work with 5.3.5 After starting it comes already back to the home screeen.

Will test another progs later on.
The Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #799
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
There is an extremely wordy explanation in the top post?

Thats right and the explanation is very good but i am completely new in the jailbreak scene and read a lot of instructions about that in the past.

A little bit proud on me that i did all that.

The question i asked was thw last step to get it work.

Otherwise your eyplanation is fantastic.

Thanks
The Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #800
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper View Post
Thanks. Now it works. Tried out Gems and Calc but sadly they dont work with 5.3.5 After starting it comes already back to the home screeen.

Will test another progs later on.
Yep. The known list of support is https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205064
and
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205052

If you have something to add/correct in terms of support for the items on those pages then please feel free to PM me the details and I will try to get them updated.

Most of the things in the "Third post" are the old "5.1.2 only things" format that were added, as a courtesy, as they are often offline - or unavailable from certain countries - or required some sort of annoying account - that kind of thing - to obtain. Or they are helpful for other reasons.

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't mean to sound grumpy, it just takes a long time to maintain all these docs and it irks me when people appear to have not read them. No doubt you have had similar experiences in other walks of life. Plus I need more Tea. Be well.
Advert
Old 05-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #801
aggiejag
aggiejag began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2.5.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie4msg View Post
Hmm .. big Problem ...
I installed all the prerequesites including the dev keys. After that i tried to start the kual launcher but its "not registered as a test device"

i reinstalled the dev keys .. and it worked. BUT after hitting "quit" and trying to rerun the kual launcher, the problem is reproduced ...."not registered as a test device"

-edit- my k3 not registered or anything. I reinstalled the devs again and no progress. not even for one time the applications is running
I am also getting the "not registered as a test device." I'm brand-new to the Kindle jailbreak scene, so please forgive me if this is a noob question.
aggiejag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #802
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiejag View Post
I am also getting the "not registered as a test device." I'm brand-new to the Kindle jailbreak scene, so please forgive me if this is a noob question.
Is the device registered?

It needs to be. Or at the very least APPEAR to be registered. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #803
kaito
Connoisseur
kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: k3w, gloHD
I am unable to use the "Menu" button on my kindle keyboard when in KUAL (to turn on/off wireless etc). Is there a way to enable it?

Also, why is there an "x" beside "Quit" if it isn't a shortcut key (I can't seem to jump to it)

Just my 2¢: I would prefer the first post not to hide things behind Show buttons. I don't like pressing buttons to find things, I'd rather just have a long organized post that I can search with TOC & subheadings to direct my eyes.
kaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #804
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito View Post
I am unable to use the "Menu" button on my kindle keyboard when in KUAL (to turn on/off wireless etc). Is there a way to enable it?

Also, why is there an "x" beside "Quit" if it isn't a shortcut key (I can't seem to jump to it)

Just my 2¢: I would prefer the first post not to hide things behind Show buttons. I don't like pressing buttons to find things, I'd rather just have a long organized post that I can search with TOC & subheadings to direct my eyes.
Ah, but this is a forum package.

What you want is the features of a structured Wiki - -
Here is the "Button Blob" on a Wiki page:
http://wiki.knetconnect.com/twiki/bi...uttons/WebHome

As soon as the site is ready for user's to register on - you can register there and get after that Button-Blob to your heart's content.

We (the KUAL project members) are always looking for volunteers to help with the huge amount of work to be done.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #805
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
This behavior isn't intentional. On KT/PW the Menu button isn't disabled when in KUAL. I will log it as a defect. I don't know if there's a way to enable it (other than fixing the code, if possible).
Quote:
Looks like an x but it isn't. It's a cross character and stands for "close". It isn't a shortcut.
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #806
twobob

Quote:

The first points have been addressed.

RE: Spoilers: The fact is that that is a HUGE amount of information for the average reader to absorb...

And much of it isn't relevant to everyone.

THE WIKI: WEBSITE: and other animals

As knc1 points out there is no way to create a TOC on here. (That I can think of) and as he further points out we recognised this issue over a month ago and have been beavering away trying to provide a more feature-rich "resource" resource in the form of: http://wiki.knetconnect.com/twiki/bin/view/KUAL/WebHome

(and other ancillary stuff on http://kual.knetconnect.com/ )

bit's of it are outdated (my bad) or in flux right now while we decide on the best place to centralise all this. (for example there is an 0.4 info page still hanging around somewhere) (fixed that)

It's a work in progress. And KNC1 has poured the best part of a full-time month dragging that wiki kicking and screaming into useful service. Actually putting something IN there is the next step once the niggles are finally laid to rest. You really would not believe the effort that went into the "action templating" alone...

OTHER THINGS THAT NEED TO BE DONE: Not to mention the currently stalled kual-system stuff and a whole host of other bits and bolt-ons. For a core team of 3 this really is a lot of work. My apologies that the layout here is not exactly to your liking.

Jump on board and help us get it up to scratch?.
There is plenty to be done.
And only a few people doing it.

6000 ish people now are using KUAL, I make that a 2000 to 1 ratio for devs to users... We are doing what we can as and when we can. Have pity.

FINAL THOUGHT: Keyboard shortcuts for the 3/DX have been in my mind for a while too...
But stepk has ONLY just received a 3 device. Perhaps that would be a future option.

X to exit initially perhaps. but IIRC the home button does much the same thing.
perhaps q w e r t y u i o p could be option 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 etc...
with a shortcut for UP and FORWARD in the mix...

V 2.0 has only just dropped and was a VAST amount of work. Now that the platform is a bit more stable these niceties may creep in.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by twobob; 05-14-2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Tried to make it legible, clear and friendly
Old 05-15-2013, 01:53 AM   #807
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Perhaps there ia a way to toggle wifi from a shell script on a K3. In that case we could create a KUAL button for you. Let's see if anyone can add the actual shell command, if any, to this thread...
Old 05-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #808
stepk
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
FINAL THOUGHT: Keyboard shortcuts for the 3/DX have been in my mind for a while too...
But stepk has ONLY just received a 3 device. Perhaps that would be a future option.
Logged as enhancement request https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlela...s-for-the-3-dx

Feel free to amend and expand the description.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #809
jacksonb
jacksonb began at the beginning.

Having similar issues to haro138 - the update kindle is always greyed out. I upload via usb then eject, go to update and grey...

Then I plug the kindle PW back in, and the bin file has vanished...

Tried downgrading, no luck. Tried just about everything, actually...

Any ideas, anyone?
jacksonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #810
stepk
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonb View Post
Having similar issues to haro138 - the update kindle is always greyed out. I upload via usb then eject, go to update and grey...

Then I plug the kindle PW back in, and the bin file has vanished...

Tried downgrading, no luck. Tried just about everything, actually...

Any ideas, anyone?
haro138's last post is here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=771
haro138 has a KT.
When you say 'tried just about everything' do you mean everything included in the first post of this thread? What else did you try?

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified