Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-13-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free (nook/Kindle) Badge of Evil by Whit Masterson [Vintage Pulp Suspense Thriller]

Badge of Evil by Whit Masterson* is a vintage pulp cop crime suspense thriller, originally published by Dodd Mead in 1956 and adapted to film as the classic Touch of Evil by Orson Welles. This is e-reprinted and offered free courtesy of publisher Adams Media's Prologue Books imprint.

I guess last week when I said I hope they would offer more freebies that I hadn't bought during the big sale I jinxed it, as this is one of the 132 I paid 99 cents a pop for. Oh well, at least I get a "free" ePub copy now and I sincerely hope that the authors have lived to a sufficiently advanced old age to enjoy whatever portion of the 30 cents worth of royalties that Amazon passed on to Prologue to pass on to them.

(ETA: Turns out that one of them is still alive, though over 90 years old. Hopefully those payments reach him in time.)

I wonder if they're going to continue to offer these free every week or they'll eventually switch out with their other fiction/specialty imprints. Only 131 more to go! At least, for the titles I went and paid for...

Currently free @ B&N and Amazon UK (likely to drop in the main store).

Description
The Universal International film based on this outstanding American suspense-thriller stars Charles Heston, Janet Leigh and Orson Welles, who plays the part of a tough veteran cop whose reputation is at stake in the solution of a brutal murder …

* Who turns out to be the pseudonym for two other authors, who turn out to have a secondary dual identity as also Prologue-republished Wade Miller, whom I also bought stuff from, which I now also expect to see turn up free due to my having bought it.

Last edited by ATDrake; 05-13-2012 at 02:10 AM. Reason: The pen names are almost as convoluted as the pulp plots.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Yeah, I bought this one too!
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
now free at amazon US :P

i really should get started reading my freebies instead of getting more books ox o
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
So far I'm 2 for 2 on not buying the ones they've offered free. Go me!
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote