Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Can't connect to VPN

I've tried this, following the instruction in HideMyAss. Same ip and everything as my boxee. Boxee connects, but the vox never does. Does anyone have a solution or an idea? It's driving me nuts!
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Did you shut down and then restart the Vox after making the change? The change for the system might not be able to take effect while it's actually in use...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I'm on chat with the support from Witopia...he's trying to get me connected...stand by!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I can't even surf to the hidemyass.com website on my Vox.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

this appears to have him stumped but he's still trying to figure it out...
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Tried restarting. Copied the exact password from the VPN control panel (which I can browse to and log into). Still nothing and my settings are correct. Frustrating!......
Old 11-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
Cdesja5
Wizard

Ok, the tech can't figure it out either...I have a problem ticket open with them and they will get back to me once they think they have it figured out.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could it be the Kobo distro (not sure if you can use that word for Android not Linux )? Considering that they are touting using open WiFi hotspots, that would be pretty dumb.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite

It occurred to me that Amazon market installs actually involve two steps. First, you install the Amazon app and from in the app you get the app you want. If that is actually how it works works, then having a VPN on the browser might not be enough.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #10
Cdesja5
Wizard

??? you'd need an app to use, "activate" the vpn? Is that what you mean? Not planning to use for app market, not sure about cyphershlok though...
Old 11-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite

I was responding in case anyone thought that we could get apps from the amazon app store using a vpn. I am questioning that--however, I don't know much about vpn.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #12
cypherslock
Groupie

The VPN would be for Netflix. Still can't get it working.......Hopefully some smart Kobo person can help us.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #13
Cdesja5
Wizard

I want to use the Droidtv app for US tv...my vpn provider is working on it. Have you got someone from Kobo working on the problem too?
Old 11-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #14
taming
Trying for calm & polite

No. I am going to wait until Monday. I know folks read their email, but I don't want to bother them on the weekend. I am not going through Kobo help for this.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #15
trek790
Enthusiast
trek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheese

I am also a Witopia subscriber and would be really interested if it works. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I'm on chat with the support from Witopia...he's trying to get me connected...stand by!
trek790 is offline   Reply With Quote