Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
xamiam
xamiam began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question Question about HTML Book

There is a book on a website, each chapter is connected with a "next ". No digital rights managment . Can I add this to my library? Can I convert it to MOBI?

Thank you,
xamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #2
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
You have to download all the files into a directory and create a table of contents HTML file with links to all the chapters in the proper order (if there isn't such a file already). Then let Calibre open this TOC file and it will add all the other files.

See http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....specific-order

Last edited by pietvo; 09-06-2011 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Added link
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You can download a website using HTTrack. Just use its default settings...trying to download too many streams at once might cause the website to think it was being attacked. Also check other links on the page...be sure you set it not to follow all the links on the page or it could download everything on the entire site.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:26 AM   #4
xamiam
xamiam began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you, I'll give your suggestions a try.

Max
xamiam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert, html, mobi