Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Epson and 400MHz with ADE and TTS:$229

The EZ Reader Pocket PRO is reality!! This is the fastest, lightest, smallest device with every major feature... and six colors!! The dream has become reality!!

Recently Astak was certified and approved to pre-load Adobe Digital Editions onto all of their devices. ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) gives readers a new and exciting experience in ease of use, using automatic pdf reflow of pictures and providing the very latest books.

Astak is pleased to announce two new models that should revolutionize eBook Reading. There are great environmental reasons and cost savings compared to printed books… but what really matters most to end users is CONVENIENCE!! Imagine carrying a library of 4,000 books on a device that weighs 6-7 ounces! Imagine 8,000 pages to a single charge using E-Ink technology! Imagine listening to YOUR favorite stereo music while reading!! And… the price is gentle and easy to join the growing excitement of eBooks! Google alone makes 500,000 FREE eBooks available for use on Astak devices. Unlike our competition, Astak remains OPEN FORMAT! Our devices read and display 12 formats and 20 languages! Buy eBooks from our website, our partners websites, or 300 plus other websites.

Astak announces the EZ Reader Basic. This is a 6 inch model selling at a new price point: $259. The controls are so intuitive that you can take it right out of the box (we recommend charging the battery first however) and read more than 100 free classic eBooks for the entire family without even checking the User Manual (we DO suggest reading it for valuable tips and care instructions). Loaded NOW with Adobe Digital Editions… everything is IN THE BOX!! This device comes with the crush-resistant leather-like case and the ear buds INCLUDED!! The box even contains a USB cable, AC charger, wrist leash, and even a battery door screwdriver (YES, the end user can change the rechargeable battery easily themselves). The SD card slot holds up to 4GB!!

Now… the HOTTEST news!! The new 5 inch EZ Reader Pocket PRO is hereby announced! This is easy to carry in your shirt or jeans pocket, or a sport coat inner pocket, or a small purse. BUT… this Mighty Mite contains some major surprises! The Pocket PRO has the brand new EPSON controller and 400 MHz processor for almost instantaneous page turns. NO more waiting! It has 8 levels of grey scale and 200dpi resolution. It has TEXT-TO-SPEECH (it reads to you). Has left hand and right hand page advance, WITH A SCROLL WHEEL! It also adds MP3 stereo, displays 12 formats and 20 languages, AND IT COMES IN SIX COLORS (such as Slate Blue, Metallic Purple, Fuscia Pink, and Maroon Lagoon). SD card expandable to 16GB!! Add a $229 price point and you have one of the hottest Consumer Electronics of the year!! Like above, THE BOX COMES COMPLETE… case and all included! Shipping in late August!!

Go to www.theEZreader.com to pre-order the Pocket PRO or order the EZ Reader Basic!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P.P. blue.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	33300   Click image for larger version

Name:	P.P.maroon.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	33301   Click image for larger version

Name:	P.P.metalic_purple.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	33302   Click image for larger version

Name:	P.P.pink2.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	33303   Click image for larger version

Name:	P.P.white.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	33304  
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Only *ONE* important question about it...

Robert,

*WILL* it run OpenInkpot!?!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Robertb!

Will it vacuum my floor and do my dishes? Or do I need a wife for that?
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Robertb!

We've come a long way, baby? Sigh.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Robertb!

You have high hopes if you think a wife will do that, so your best bet is the Pocket Pro!
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #6
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

that's why i have one pre-ordered...

(a pocket pro, not a wife)
Old 07-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will not wash dishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
We've come a long way, baby? Sigh.
The Pocket PRo is incredibly strong but it will not do dishes. Do NOT get a wife! Buy a Vietnamese Pig. These little piggies will lick your plates clean and keep you warm at night.

AND... women don't do dishes anymore. Men do!! Women are busy buying Pocket PROs!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #8
Robertb

Wallcraft... HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Robert,

Derek
If anybody can answer this question on OpenInkPot I would say Wallcraft would know.

We will check for you; but Wallcraft may be faster in responding!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What about an upgraded EZ Reader with the 400mhz processor, Epson controller, TTS, ADE support and whatever else is new and nifty? I think a 5" screen is just on the small side and 6" is the smallest I'd want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
See OpenInkPot for the Hanlin V5?? Driver is written, so it is very likely it will run.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:44 PM   #11
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
Unhappy

Both readers look fantastic! I bought one of EZ Readers from the first batch and I must say that I have enjoyed reading on it a great deal ever since! I have been really looking forward to the Pocket Pro along with everyone else. It looks as good as expected! I have to say that I am disappointed that the price is not close to $199. I have written before that I believe that $199 is the magic price point for a reader; and I still believe it! I am not complaining because I believe that a fair profit is necessary to stay in business! I'm disappointed it missed that magic price! I'm sure I'll eventually get one, but I think I'll wait a while.
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #12
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithno View Post
Both readers look fantastic! I bought one of EZ Readers from the first batch and I must say that I have enjoyed reading on it a great deal ever since! I have been really looking forward to the Pocket Pro along with everyone else. It looks as good as expected! I have to say that I am disappointed that the price is not close to $199. I have written before that I believe that $199 is the magic price point for a reader; and I still believe it! I am not complaining because I believe that a fair profit is necessary to stay in business! I'm disappointed it missed that magic price! I'm sure I'll eventually get one, but I think I'll wait a while.
I agree totally. The only reason I opted to preorder one is that I currently have NO reader. I've been wanting one forever, and have stockpiled over 10gb of books on my HD, waiting for an opportunity to read them.

A few weeks left. and then I can lock the door, toss the cat outside and curl up on the couch and read.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #13
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Robert, eReader DRM yet? I won't order one with only promise...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #14
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Robertb-The EZ Reader Pro certainly looks interesting. Which SECURE format(s) does it support? I'm primarily interested in Adobe (Epub and PDF), but secure e-reader would also be nice to have.

I'm definitely a potential buyer,even though I'm very happy with my current reader.

Also, although it would appear the EZReader website is designed to scroll, the scroll function did not seem to work properly. Thus, the bottom lines of some of the pages were not visible.

Thanks.

SteveK

Last edited by SteveK; 07-30-2009 at 10:54 PM.
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:32 PM   #15
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Will the EZReaders have dictionary support when the EReader format functionality is added? The EReader desktop software, like it's Mobipocket competitor, supports dictionary look up. Will this functionality be carried over into the portable version? This is an important feature that would definitely give your product a leg up over the Sony reader and the other Hanlin distributors.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote