Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-25-2015, 05:30 AM   #1
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
Best practice to convert framed HTML to e-reader readable format?

I am not a techie.

I need to read these, all: http://www.drweil.com/drw/ecs/ask_dr...l?category=384

They are in framed HTML, not working on e-readers by basic settings.

Easy step by step guide to convert them to an e-readable format?
avid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:06 AM   #2
ali6262
ali6262 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
You can search and install "send to kindle" or "push to kindle" add-ons for your browser.
ali6262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:11 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You need to make a recipe that uses all those links, appended with
Code:
?print=1
More can probably be done to clean it up but that right there is a start.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:37 AM   #4
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali6262 View Post
You can search and install "send to kindle" or "push to kindle" add-ons for your browser.
Thanks; sorry, I forgot to add I prefer an offline solution w/ Calibre. Amazon locked me out of my account because their stupid policy (I mean, the customer service rep asked for a phone number to restore my acc., which I never provided with them; bummer) and also too lazy to install the Wi-Fi here just for this.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:43 AM   #5
avid01
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
You need to make a recipe that uses all those links, appended with
Code:
?print=1
More can probably be done to clean it up but that right there is a start.
That might bring me closer to what I need but your one line solution is not helpful enough for me as a step-by-step, non-tech person friendly solution.

You suggest ?print=1 but give no pointers where should I write this code; into terminal, notepad or where?

I am on Windows, by the way.

When I send to printer from the browser, it prints a PDF of the full page, not just the frame.

OK, I can do one-by-one the 30 articles, the main point is to get the frame only to my reader.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:22 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the "Workshop" forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
avid01 - There are gadgets that will clip web pages to EPUB, google will find some. Not sure about clipping to kindle formats.

FWIW I clipped one of the articles you want with Evernote, exported it as HTML and calibre converted the HTML to EPUB. The HTML and EPUB are in the attached zip.

I've tried a number of web clippers, Evernote is the one I like best, it seems to be better finding the meat in the sandwich, and it's less fiddlesome.

BR
Attached Files
File Type: zip Can Bad Teeth Kill You.zip (22.2 KB, 221 views)
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:30 PM   #8
avid01
Addict

I have Evernote account. Thanks; I guess that will do the trick.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@avid01 - tip, once you've done the 58 clicks to get the 29 blog posts into 29 Evernote Notes, you could merge them into a single Evernote Note (select the 29 notes as a group and hit the Merge button), and then export that as HTML and convert it to EPUB.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:23 PM   #10
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid01 View Post
That might bring me closer to what I need but your one line solution is not helpful enough for me as a step-by-step, non-tech person friendly solution.

You suggest ?print=1 but give no pointers where should I write this code; into terminal, notepad or where?

I am on Windows, by the way.

When I send to printer from the browser, it prints a PDF of the full page, not just the frame.

OK, I can do one-by-one the 30 articles, the main point is to get the frame only to my reader.
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA401508/Brushing-Off-Gingivitis.html?print=1
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA401508/Brushing-Off-Gingivitis.html

Those are the clean(er) links, and if you pass all of them to say a calibre custom recipe, it should compile them into an ebook. See the tutorial, you can also use parse_index to create the same list.

Then you need to use the remove_tags features to clean up the rest.

... Alternatively, do as BetterRed suggests, it will probably be easier, although I honestly have no idea which might give a nicer end result. (I read books far more than I mess around with converting webpages. )
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:42 PM   #11
avid01
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@avid01 - tip, once you've done the 58 clicks to get the 29 blog posts into 29 Evernote Notes, you could merge them into a single Evernote Note (select the 29 notes as a group and hit the Merge button), and then export that as HTML and convert it to EPUB.

BR
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BetterRed again.

@eschwartz: excellent; thank you!
Old 03-01-2015, 02:14 AM   #12
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
With GrabMyBooks in Firefox, choosing all links at once.
Without making any arrangements.
Attached Files
File Type: epub articlesBook_2015_03_01_08_00.epub (55.2 KB, 186 views)
File Type: mobi articlesBook_2015_03_01_08_01.mobi (63.4 KB, 200 views)
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:03 AM   #13
avid01
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
With GrabMyBooks in Firefox, choosing all links at once.
Without making any arrangements.
Excellent; thanks!