Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Sony Ebook Library for Mac books won't transfer to Ereader

I finally in installed the Ebook Library for Mac a few days ago, now I finally tried to transfer the 8 free books from the ebrook library to my PRS-505. First off I get a message that Sony wants to access from my computer information (sorry can't remember exact message) and that it is not from a known source. I believe I said okay go ahead. So then it says something about authorized reader didn't work, see if your network is available.

So I tried to transfer the books to my SD card, they show up, but of course it is locked!

I think I give up with Sony's software. I tried several times to authorize the reader to the Sony library.

How do I fix this? I don't think I care for Sony's ebook library software!

Last edited by new; 08-31-2009 at 06:35 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are these eBooks ePub? If so, do they have DRM?

If they have DRM, then you'd need to have ADE on your computer authorized so you can use it to authorize the Reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
EBL 3.0 does not need ADE. new, go to user account in the store, from there to manage devices, and try to authorize the Reader again. Or even better, check if the books you want are available here.

Last edited by igorsk; 08-31-2009 at 08:38 PM.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote