Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
December Star Trek e-book sale

300 Star Trek e-books from Simon & Schuster are on sale during the month of December. (12/2/06 through 1/3/07)

• Titles regularly priced between $4.50 to $5.99 will now be $3.99
• Titles regularly priced at $6.99 will now be $4.99
• Titles regularly priced between 8.95 and $9.99 will be $5.99

It's not clear whether pricing discounts will just be at SimonSays.com, or if it will be at all Simon & Schuster e-book resellers.

Via Simon & Schuster eBook Blog.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:05 AM   #2
maccoul
maccoul began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
The Kobayashi Maru is $2.79 at Connect, for the Sony Reader.
maccoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
evil_bunny
Enthusiast
evil_bunny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony T1, iPhone 5S, iPad 3rd Gen
Sadly ... there are no Star Trek books I want to read! (1) there are too many new ones (2) they don't have any of the ones I want to read. PRIME DIRECTIVE for instance... (3) any recommendations?

Recovering trek kid
evil_bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:01 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_bunny
Sadly ... there are no Star Trek books I want to read! (1) there are too many new ones (2) they don't have any of the ones I want to read. PRIME DIRECTIVE for instance... (3) any recommendations?

Recovering trek kid
http://www.simonsays.com/content/boo...b=1&pid=481300

That link is for Prime Directive. So yes they have it. I just typed in the title and it found the ebook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:11 AM   #5
evil_bunny
Enthusiast
evil_bunny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony T1, iPhone 5S, iPad 3rd Gen
Yeah, but I can't find it on the CONNECT site.
evil_bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_bunny
Yeah, but I can't find it on the CONNECT site.
What is this CONNECT site? The link I gave you is for the book you were looking for.

http://www.simonsays.com/

That is the home link for the site. I don't see how it can be so hard to use.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
http://ebooks.connect.com is the web side of it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:26 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
http://ebooks.connect.com is the web side of it.
That site has nothing to do with Simon and Schuster's Star Trek book sale. That is for the Sony reader. Not for what S&S has for sale. The Star tretk book sale is on Simon and Schusters website and not someone else's. If they don't have it then you can get LIT versions and convert to something else you'd prefer that they don't have.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #9
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
300 Star Trek e-books from Simon & Schuster are on sale during the month of December. (12/2/06 through 1/3/07)
No, they aren't. Simon & Schuster are not SELLING any eBooks. They are leasing them.

All formats they support are restricted formats.

In light of this, all their books are overpriced. I'm not seeing any eBook for $1. They are all at least 7 times their value, and in many cases, no cheaper than the paper version.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:15 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
That site has nothing to do with Simon and Schuster's Star Trek book sale. That is for the Sony reader.
Yes, I realize that, JSWolf.

I was meaning to answer your above question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
What is this CONNECT site?
The Connect site evil_bunny is refering to is the site where Sony sells (let me save you the trouble, rlauzon: leases ) its books. He's saying he can't find the same books on the Connect site, that's all.

I could have been clearer in my earlier post. Guess that's what happens when I try to post too quickly. Sorry 'bout that
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:05 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The sale is only at Siomon & Schuster's web site and they have LIT, Adobe, and ereader formats available. LOT is the best one to get if you want to be able to convert it. You can break the DRM and then convert it to some other format that hopefully your reader can handle.