Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #46
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
Don't know for sure, but also another people having the same problem installed 2.2.1 directly on the 2.1.5.

By the way, I read in another forum that someone resolved formatting the microsd, if you have one in the kobo maybe you can try this first
I've tried several ways to upgrade to 2.2.1 and still get the freeze on a page turn after coming out of sleep mode. 2.1.2=>2.1.5=>2.2.0=>2.2.1, 2.1.2=>2.2.1, 2.1.2=>2.1.5=>2.2.1 and 2.1.2=>2.2.0=>2.2.1.

I've formatted the uSD card with Windows built-in formatter, the SD Card Association Formatter on Windows and Mac OSX as well as under Linux. I've tried with the card in the Kobo or in an external uSD Card USB adapter.

Admittedly for those tests, I only put 23 books on the uSD card to cut down on the time for adding them to the database.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #47
fx3000se
fx3000se began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Has anybody of the mini owners tried to put the 2.2(x) firmware onto a Kobo mini?
fx3000se is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 01:41 AM   #48
Transonic
Enthusiast
Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've tried several ways to upgrade to 2.2.1 and still get the freeze on a page turn after coming out of sleep mode. 2.1.2=>2.1.5=>2.2.0=>2.2.1, 2.1.2=>2.2.1, 2.1.2=>2.1.5=>2.2.1 and 2.1.2=>2.2.0=>2.2.1.

I've formatted the uSD card with Windows built-in formatter, the SD Card Association Formatter on Windows and Mac OSX as well as under Linux. I've tried with the card in the Kobo or in an external uSD Card USB adapter.

Admittedly for those tests, I only put 23 books on the uSD card to cut down on the time for adding them to the database.

Regards,
David
I think that 2.2.1 firmware is only for Kobo Glo sold in Japan and that all other Kobo's should use 2.2.0. Am I mistaken in this belief?
Transonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:14 AM   #49
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transonic View Post
I think that 2.2.1 firmware is only for Kobo Glo sold in Japan and that all other Kobo's should use 2.2.0. Am I mistaken in this belief?
2.2.0 and then 2.2.1 have only been released to devices in Japan. Other people have tried them with success. Kobo official stance is don't use them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:23 AM   #50
fx3000se
fx3000se began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Other people have tried them with success
any mini owner?
fx3000se is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 04:22 AM   #51
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I tried the 2.2.1 updater on my GLo (I made sure I downloaded the glo version) and the sleep cover function stopped working.
When I did a factory reset back to 2.1.5 it worked again.

Shame tho I liked the 2.2.1 update apart from that.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:51 AM   #52
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
Just got 2.3.1. Am I the only one?
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #53
Woodstonian
Connoisseur
Woodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewacide View Post
Where are you?
Woodstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:00 AM   #54
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstonian View Post
Where are you?
Korea. But it's set up for the Canadian store.

Release notes mentions checking reading stats while reading, improved title display, sync to SD when device is full, expanded help, updated home screen, and multiple bug fixes.

The things I noticed was a large sync button on the home screen, chess, and what seems to be quicker book opening. Also there seems to be more free space on the device: I think it's reserving less for firmware.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #55
Intelligencer
Intelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo, Sony, Kindle, iPad
I had a lot of trouble with the Glo on 2.1.5

Reboots a plenty.

2.2.1 has been great. Only one reboot early on.

Sleepcover works.

I haven't tried using annotations and other higher functions as I hardly ever used it on my other readers.

Really loving the light even though it isn't 100% even. Makes reading way more convenient anywhere.

Should mention that my problems were all when I used uSD card. Once that went and I have used main memory it has been more stable.
Intelligencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:21 AM   #56
the_m
the_m began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
BEWARE, for anyone who has Kobo by Fnac Touch (french model), this update 2.2.0 bricked my KT. All the different reset methods didn't work and I had to send it back to ASM.
the_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #57
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Possibly. I just did the first sync of a new Glo and I got 2.1.5.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
The things I noticed was a large sync button on the home screen, chess, and what seems to be quicker book opening. Also there seems to be more free space on the device: I think it's reserving less for firmware.
Can you have a look at the device information and report the build number? This is the "r4xxxx" after the version number.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #59
stewacide
Groupie

2.3.1 (r45611, 12/7/12)

Came over wifi.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #60
spino
spino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
Don't know for sure, but also another people having the same problem installed 2.2.1 directly on the 2.1.5.

By the way, I read in another forum that someone resolved formatting the microsd, if you have one in the kobo maybe you can try this first
Well, it seems i owe you a beer
I did it again. But this time follow your "method", first 2.1.5 => 2.2.0.
Once finished, i checked that sleep cover was working and have no block on turning pages after stand-by.

Once i was sure 2.2.0 works, i've installed 2.2.1 over it.
All was fine except dor sleep cover.

This time i didn't resign!
I've unmounted micro sd, turn it off, turn it on, mounted micro sd, and now sleep cover it works!

So, thanx pal, becouse now my Kobo Glo is on 2.2.1!
spino is offline   Reply With Quote