Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 01:36 AM   #1
CedroRosso
Enthusiast
CedroRosso began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Reflow on PRS-T1?

Sorry for amateurish question. I'm a first time SONY owner and can't seem to get tagged pdfs to reflow on my T1, nor can I find any documentation on how to turn this feature on. Help, guys?

P.S. This thing is awesome!
CedroRosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #2
CedroRosso
Enthusiast

Yikes, I tried putting the pdf into landscape mode and how the document will only open sideways, even in full page mode. Hope this isn't a bug
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 01:49 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedroRosso View Post
Sorry for amateurish question. I'm a first time SONY owner and can't seem to get tagged pdfs to reflow on my T1, nor can I find any documentation on how to turn this feature on. Help, guys?
Can you change the font size of the pdf? Imaged based PDFs will not reflow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedroRosso View Post
Yikes, I tried putting the pdf into landscape mode and how the document will only open sideways, even in full page mode. Hope this isn't a bug
It's a feature, just change it back. Check out the first minute (1:25) of this video to see how its done.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-04-2011 at 02:11 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:22 AM   #4
CedroRosso
Enthusiast

Thanks for video!

Orientation menu not customize view menu.

It reflows when you change font, not when you zoom.

I'm such a noob.

Last edited by CedroRosso; 10-04-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #5
pj123
Zealot
pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Tablet 3 Pro, Kobo Aura H2O, Ipad
Could anyone tell me how to exit the reflow mode on T1? I turned on the reflow mode by changing font size for a 2-column file and the device freezes. So please never use reflow mode for a 2-column pdf. Now whenever I open the same file, it automatically goes to the reflow mode and the device becomes extremely slow. I need to turn off the reflow mode but don't know how. Could anyone help?
pj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj123 View Post
Could anyone help?
I don't have a T-1 but you could try deleting the book then resending the book to your device.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #7
jbuk
jbuk doesn't litterjbuk doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj123 View Post
Could anyone tell me how to exit the reflow mode on T1? I turned on the reflow mode by changing font size for a 2-column file and the device freezes. So please never use reflow mode for a 2-column pdf. Now whenever I open the same file, it automatically goes to the reflow mode and the device becomes extremely slow. I need to turn off the reflow mode but don't know how. Could anyone help?
I just encountered the same problem. You can get reflow to disengage by changing the text size to a small enough setting. Rather an awkward way to do it, but at least you don't have to re-upload the document!
jbuk is offline   Reply With Quote