Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #16
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Is it automatic or do you have to do something?

I haven't been watching because someone else usually has the tablet. 7Plus.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #17
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Is it automatic or do you have to do something?

I haven't been watching because someone else usually has the tablet. 7Plus.
You should get a pop-up once the Tab downloads the update (it's done automatically behind the scenes). Alternatively, you can download the update package yourself and trigger the update, but you need to be rooted for this I believe.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #18
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
You should get a pop-up once the Tab downloads the update (it's done automatically behind the scenes). Alternatively, you can download the update package yourself and trigger the update, but you need to be rooted for this I believe.
I went and got it. It was off.

Still 3.2. Says "no updates available"

I will leave it on a while and check it from time to time.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #19
SeaKing
Frequent Flier

Well you can't get there from here I guess. At least not yet.

The auto update is on, but no update to ICS. Still 3.2.

I went to Samsung, and followed their directions for an update, but it turns out I need to specify whether the tablet is a
P6210MAAXAR or a
P6210MAYXAR and I can't find out which it is.

Internally the software says only that the tablet is a
GT6200 and on the back of the device case it says it is a
GT6200MA.

I guess I will call when I get a chance. They do have a number on the case.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #20
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Well you can't get there from here I guess. At least not yet.

The auto update is on, but no update to ICS. Still 3.2.

I went to Samsung, and followed their directions for an update, but it turns out I need to specify whether the tablet is a
P6210MAAXAR or a
P6210MAYXAR and I can't find out which it is.

Internally the software says only that the tablet is a
GT6200 and on the back of the device case it says it is a
GT6200MA.

I guess I will call when I get a chance. They do have a number on the case.
Once you figure out which firmware to download, the process should be fairly simple, I recently did it on my S3 and I would presume the process to be the same for tabs. Basically you need to install the Odin app, put the tab in recovery mode, connect to the PC, and then on Odin you select the firmware file to flash and off you go.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #21
SeaKing
Frequent Flier

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Once you figure out which firmware to download, the process should be fairly simple, I recently did it on my S3 and I would presume the process to be the same for tabs. Basically you need to install the Odin app, put the tab in recovery mode, connect to the PC, and then on Odin you select the firmware file to flash and off you go.
I would really rather they do it for me and will wait a bit.

I found the box and it says the model is GT-P6210 MYGR.

That is confusing. It should say in and on the tablet itself both physically and when you look in settings what model the firmware is or what the tablet needs. There shouldn't be all these numbers except in the sense of what was last loaded. The hardware number should be specifically shown and be the same forever unless you upgrade hardware.

"GD Chief, this is a Roll's engine requirement, not a GE!"

I guy I knew once said, "stop looking at the manuals, go look at the craft."
"Does it have 2 engines or 1?"
"Go to the machine!"
Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #22
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
The update is in Europe. You can download it (see XDA) and flash via ODIN or MobileODIN.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #23
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Android Authority reports that Samsung has released its schedule for the update to the Galaxy Tab line...
http://www.androidauthority.com/gala...-0-plus-96355/

Samsung Galaxy Tab owners will be thrilled to hear that the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade they’ve been waiting for so many months will start rolling out next month. The update will be available for various Galaxy Tab models, including the Galaxy Tab 10.1, 8.9, 7.7 and 7.0 Plus. In fact, here’s the complete list of Galaxy Tab tablet models that will get ICS:

GT-P6210 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI

GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI + 3G

GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI

GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G

GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI

GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G

GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI

GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI + 3G

While the ICS updates will start in July, Sam Mobile reports that most of them are planned for August, so some waiting is still in order. The news seems to be confirmed at this time by Samsung Canada, whose Galaxy Tab ICS upgrade schedule is also set for July and August.

In addition to all the Android 4.0 features you’re expecting to discover and enjoy on your Android tablet, the ICS update is supposed to bring various performance improvements to your Galaxy Tab’s battery and speed.
Why oh why or why has my original Galaxy Tab 7.0 (the very first model from Tmobile) been forsaken. This is SO NOT FAIR!
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote