Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
Zerenthal
Zerenthal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Fetching News

Hi guys,
last Monday I have installed calibre in my old computer - into ubuntu 11.04 partition - and I can not use the function "fetch news". When I press its button calibre always shows that message:

calibre, version 0.8.14
ERROR: No internet connection: Cannot download news as no internet connection is active

How can I resolve it?
Zerenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
uninstall network manager
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerenthal View Post
Hi guys,
last Monday I have installed calibre in my old computer - into ubuntu 11.04 partition - and I can not use the function "fetch news". When I press its button calibre always shows that message:

calibre, version 0.8.14
ERROR: No internet connection: Cannot download news as no internet connection is active

How can I resolve it?
Does any Calibre usage (fetch Metadata/Covers) of the WAN work?
Do you have more than 1 NIC in the machine?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
Zerenthal
Zerenthal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Network Manager is not installed, infact I have configured the ethernet connection using console command
Code:
 $ sudo pppoeconf
@theducks
calibre, version 0.8.14
ERROR: Download failed: Failed to download metadata or covers for any of the 1 book(s).

Dancing Naked in the Mind Field (Failed cover)

Additional info: I have two cards installed, but only one is working and it is currently in use (Zyxel card) - is it nice to know? -

Last edited by Zerenthal; 08-15-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Zerenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The error ERROR: No internet connection: Cannot download news as no internet connection is active

is raised on linux is and only if network manager tells calibre that there is no active internet connection.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert