Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Is it possible to have a game in HD

I don't think so since the fire's screen is not HD it can't show anything in HD only your living room TV can do that. So I do not think that one can have a fire game in HD.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I agree. It's confusing why they are offered in HD. I have heard some people say they look better though.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I agree. It's confusing why they are offered in HD. I have heard some people say they look better though.
Because other tablets support HD.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
GhostKobold
GhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 4g, Kindle Fire, Nook ST
HD always has been more of a buzz word than a hard technical term. HD in apps generally mean it up scales better than some made for phone apps and supports less blur when you zoom in on certain sections (this is more of a software fix obviously). The kindle fire does have a Pixel per inch of 169 I believe...its not astonishing but its not horrible...

HD is used all over the place for a variety of different actual viewing experiences....notice on many download sites the "HD" video varies a lot
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment....7&d=1201708357
1024x600 on the fire.

I think HD is just an app buzz word for "made for a screen larger than your average phone". The Apple app store does the same thing even though the Ipad isn't true HD as we think of it in T.V. terms...it means the same thing there.

Last edited by GhostKobold; 01-09-2012 at 10:55 AM.
GhostKobold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Because other tablets support HD.
I just meant the HD ones that say kindle fire edition. I think it's misleading because some people will think it's better in some way, or that the fire is HD when it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostKobold View Post
HD always has been more of a buzz word than a hard technical term. HD in apps generally mean it up scales better than some made for phone apps and supports less blur when you zoom in on certain sections (this is more of a software fix obviously). The kindle fire does have a Pixel per inch of 169 I believe...its not astonishing but its not horrible...

HD is used all over the place for a variety of different actual viewing experiences....notice on many download sites the "HD" video varies a lot
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment....7&d=1201708357
1024x600 on the fire.

I think HD is just an app buzz word for "made for a screen larger than your average phone". The Apple app store does the same thing even though the Ipad isn't true HD as we think of it in T.V. terms...it means the same thing there.
I think that's exactly it. I can understand that they want to show that there is a difference, even though it's not entirely accurate to say HD. I did some comparing last night and I do notice some small differences, but overall I don't think it's worth it.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
ipads have been using the HD moniker since launch and they are only 1024x768
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
ipads have been using the HD moniker since launch and they are only 1024x768
But you can output 720p HD video to an external device (using a video cable), as you can with iPhones and many Android phones as well. So that claim is not spurious.

But Fire has no video output (nor does Nook Tablet).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
But you can output 720p HD video to an external device (using a video cable), as you can with iPhones and many Android phones as well. So that claim is not spurious.

But Fire has no video output (nor does Nook Tablet).
You know thats a good point !
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #9
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
HD means that you can put 1200 KB of data on your floppy disk.

No, wait, that was some time ago.

Nowadays, there are two HD norms with resolutions of 1280 × 720 pixels (HD 720) and 1920 × 1080 pixsle (FullHD).

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote