Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-08-2015, 09:23 PM   #1
truth1ness
Zealot
truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
How do I exit a book list field I'm editing without clicking?

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but when I edit an attribute in the book list and press Enter to save the change it opens the whole book instead of just saving the change.

On Mac and Windows, for example, if I'm renaming a file and press enter it saves the name change, not launches the whole file I renamed. That's all I'm trying to do. Escape leaves the field without saving the change. Tab goes to the next field but I still can't escape out of the field edit mode. There's got to be a way to do this without clicking on another book.
truth1ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth1ness View Post
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but when I edit an attribute in the book list and press Enter to save the change it opens the whole book instead of just saving the change.

On Mac and Windows, for example, if I'm renaming a file and press enter it saves the name change, not launches the whole file I renamed. That's all I'm trying to do. Escape leaves the field without saving the change. Tab goes to the next field but I still can't escape out of the field edit mode. There's got to be a way to do this without clicking on another book.
Tab
But the first Enter should have just ended the field-edit
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #3
truth1ness
Zealot
truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Tab just moves to editing the next field. I still have to click to get out of editing.

Quote:
But the first Enter should have just ended the field-edit
It does what you say for Y/N fields, but it appears to not do so for text, ratings, and floating point fields that I've tried so far, they all go straight from editing to opening the whole book.

Last edited by truth1ness; 04-08-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:51 PM   #4
truth1ness
Zealot

On a related note, how would I get into editing a field via the keyboard? I can move around field to field via the arrow keys but I can't figure out how to get into editing the field when the selector is over it. If there is keyboard navigation and exiting [when working] of fields I'm assuming there is keyboard get into editing the field?

Last edited by truth1ness; 04-08-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:55 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@truth1ness - Enter works for me

I think the behaviour is controlled via the book list double click tweak. I have mine set to do_nothing, that means I use F2 to get into cell edit mode, Escape to get out without saving current cell, and Tab/Backtab to move to next/previous cell.

I use 'V' to view a book.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-08-2015 at 10:20 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:01 PM   #6
truth1ness
Zealot

Ah, turns out I had made an alternate shortcut for open to cmd+return but I must have typo'd and only hit the enter. Your comment about the 'V' made me think to check on that. Thanks!