Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Replacement for the PB302?

I have had and still use a PB302 since it first came out. It is still going strong and I use it every day. Great machine. It is getting old though, and I am guessing the battery is going to give out sooner or later. So I am looking around for a replacement - and since PB has been such a great purchase (although very expensive), I think going with the latest PB model is the first choice.

I still want to stay with eInk (as I use it camping a lot), and I like the 6" size. And I also want a touch screen. I never use online stuff (all books are installed via Calibre), so I do not need Wifi or 3G.

I have tried to find a good PB website, but all I can find are russian or german. Any recommendations for the best PB model?
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgn View Post
I have had and still use a PB302 since it first came out. It is still going strong and I use it every day. Great machine. It is getting old though, and I am guessing the battery is going to give out sooner or later. So I am looking around for a replacement - and since PB has been such a great purchase (although very expensive), I think going with the latest PB model is the first choice.

I still want to stay with eInk (as I use it camping a lot), and I like the 6" size. And I also want a touch screen. I never use online stuff (all books are installed via Calibre), so I do not need Wifi or 3G.

I have tried to find a good PB website, but all I can find are russian or german. Any recommendations for the best PB model?
looks like you are describing the Touch - and the Touch Lux (aka Touch 2) should be coming soon to Europe (have a look at this thread)
However I am not quite sure how you could get it in your part of the world - perhaps you could send a PM to Forkosigan, who is active on MR and the Europe representative for Pocketbook.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert