Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #16
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Yes, but to me, mysterious artifacts means "created by an unknown people from an unknown culture with an unknown religion for unknown reasons at an unknown time" (with some of those things partially known to some extent.) Not "made by specific craftsman X in the recent past on commission of an anonymous customer."

Sure, it is a "mystery"-- but on the same level and compellingness of mystery as wondering who spray-painted a badly-spelled ethnic slur on the highway overpass last night.
what he said.

Now cut that out!!!!! you made me agree with ardeegee!!!!!!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #17
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
crystal skulls anyone?
Don't know if you are kidding or not, but the site does have crystal skulls listed:

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_6_1.htm

The crystal skulls and the writers for the site have something in common-- neither have a brain inside of them.

Free book on a real mysterious "artifact."
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #18
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Don't know if you are kidding or not, but the site does have crystal skulls listed:

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_6_1.htm

The crystal skulls and the writers for the site have something in common-- neither have a brain inside of them.

Free book on a real mysterious "artifact."
I was implying that giving any credence to the "mysteries" of that "edifice" was akin to the whole crystal skull hysteria.... so yeah, I was messing around once again.

I know.... time to go sit in the corner until I can behave....
Old 09-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #19
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.

Wow! Really tough mob in here.

I bow to all of the superior intelligence which has been shown here, and shall quietly fold my tent and depart.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:27 AM   #20
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
I bow to all of the superior intelligence which has been shown here, and shall quietly fold my tent and depart.
Don't be that way! I just wonder why, out of all the "mysteries" on the site, you were most interested in something completely modern? It seems to be just another weird piece of "modern art" some guy thought up, like the bean in Chicago and the giant spider in Tokyo and the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota. And the mystery "What the hell was he thinking?" Doesn't seem to be one of the more profound of mysteries in the universe.
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 02:41 AM   #21
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

there are soooooo many anceint mysteries to make us think and wonder that actually MAY have some substance behind them, why be hung up on this? you may as well have been smitten with carhenge! I mean seriously.... there are some seriously ancient mysterious things out there... and then there are things like... carhenge
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carhenge.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	57866  
Old 09-08-2010, 04:47 AM   #22
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
yes, but it attempts to tie itself into all sorts of "ancient mysteries"; the illuminati, the freemasons, the knights templar and so on.

it's just a bunch of hocus pocus put together by someone who got into a bit too much gymsum weed.

I'd rather deal with the JFK conspirators than a crowd like this

kk & ardegee and whoever. It would appear that you have a problem with my post regarding the guidestones, as if I have some ulterior motive.

In one of the earlier posts a member wrote about overpopulation and birthcontrol etc. I sent a PM mentioning said guidestones. Did not get an answer, so thought that I would throw it out to all members.

I am not 'hung up' about them as you so eloquently put it; merely interested.
If it doesnt interest you, why come back six times to say so? I had no hidden agenda in posting it. Advertisments are something I cannot control on a specific page - if you know how, then kindly tell us all.

The footer you have with your avatar states that someone, somehow has annoyed you, and you wish that they had the 'balls' to confront you. If you think that it is me, then you are way off base. Ask a Mod. The only reason your footer was read by me, is because you made sure it jumped out at one.

I always thought that fun, plus politeness, plus information were part of the rules.

Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.
Albert Einstein.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:50 AM   #23
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Quote:
there are soooooo many anceint mysteries to make us think and wonder that actually MAY have some substance behind them, why be hung up on this? you may as well have been smitten with carhenge! I mean seriously.... there are some seriously ancient mysterious things out there... and then there are things like... carhenge

Okay. Start one, with substance.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:53 AM   #24
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Quote:
Don't be that way! I just wonder why, out of all the "mysteries" on the site, you were most interested in something completely modern? It seems to be just another weird piece of "modern art" some guy thought up, like the bean in Chicago and the giant spider in Tokyo and the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota. And the mystery "What the hell was he thinking?" Doesn't seem to be one of the more profound of mysteries in the universe.

You have some strange interests, don't you?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #25
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Quote:
I mean seriously.... there are some seriously ancient mysterious things out there... and then there are things like... carhenge
Be afeared, kitty-- I almost included Carhenge in my earlier examples of "modern art"!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:06 AM   #26
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Quote:
Try this one on for size!

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/histor...tml?c=y&page=1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...rden-Eden.html
Old 09-08-2010, 08:45 AM   #27
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Quote:

Do we now require your permission to post that which happens to interest us?

As far as I am concerned you are 'trolling' and baiting. Get a life for goodness sake ands start haunting someone else.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #28
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Thank you I shall do.

This might interest you.

http://www.mohenjodaro.net/

I do not want anything more to do with you opinions, sarcasm nor pettiness.

Be your own person, stop hanging on.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #29
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Quote:
Be afeared, kitty-- I almost included Carhenge in my earlier examples of "modern art"!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:22 AM   #30
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:

kk & ardegee and whoever. It would appear that you have a problem with my post regarding the guidestones, as if I have some ulterior motive.

In one of the earlier posts a member wrote about overpopulation and birthcontrol etc. I sent a PM mentioning said guidestones. Did not get an answer, so thought that I would throw it out to all members.

I am not 'hung up' about them as you so eloquently put it; merely interested.
If it doesnt interest you, why come back six times to say so? I had no hidden agenda in posting it. Advertisments are something I cannot control on a specific page - if you know how, then kindly tell us all.

The footer you have with your avatar states that someone, somehow has annoyed you, and you wish that they had the 'balls' to confront you. If you think that it is me, then you are way off base. Ask a Mod. The only reason your footer was read by me, is because you made sure it jumped out at one.

I always thought that fun, plus politeness, plus information were part of the rules.

Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.
Albert Einstein.
fear not, my sig line has NOTHING to do with you.

my point has attempted to be that mysteries that are worth being called mysteries are ancient, have unknown meaning, and can probably teach us something. they are not the result of someone with too much money that probably dropped a bit too much acid or a few too many 'shrooms. there were a whole bunch of those folks in the 60s and 70s that went and read Castaneda and figured they had the answers of the ancients. trust me on this... the reservations were overrun with them

Quote:

like the real Stonehenge? Easter Island maybe? the great white horse on the hillside? the mound builders? so very very many

Quote:
now you and your little baby otter just get right the heck out of my head!

Quote:
Thank you I shall do.

This might interest you.

http://www.mohenjodaro.net/

ok, there ya' go! a bonafide ancient mystery!