Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #16
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache
JCSullivan began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by somecanuck View Post
I uploaded 33 books this morning after having removed the stylesheet and every single one works. You're doing it wrong.
I've done some playing around with Calibre! and you are absolutely right, removing the stylesheet is working.

Now that's a lot of work but for now, it has appeased me. The requirement for my pdf accessibility without having to do all the conversion > rename > open zip > remove stylesheet > rename back is STILL there however.

Last edited by JCSullivan; 05-03-2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling
JCSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #17
somecanuck
Enthusiast
somecanuck is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Yeah it's certainly not an optimal solution, more like a stop-gap until it's fixed either in Calibre or Kobo, which ever is at fault.
somecanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #18
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache
JCSullivan began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic
Can't fault Calibre! it's a great piece of software without which I would have bought the KOBO for nothing.

I just spent some relaxing time enjoying the fruits of my labour (thanks to you).

Now WE wait and see if KOBO comes through.
JCSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #19
GabrielR
GabrielR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ereader
I found editing the contents of the stylesheet.css works better, I just found and replaced 'x-small' with 'large' and this solved my readability problem =)
GabrielR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #20
somecanuck
Enthusiast
somecanuck is on a distinguished road

Device: none
That will make it bigger, sure, but it does not let you scale it up or down at will.
somecanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by somecanuck View Post
That will make it bigger, sure, but it does not let you scale it up or down at will.
If you remove the one line containing the font size you can then change it whenever you wish. Much better than removing the entire file.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #22
terifili
Enthusiast
terifili doesn't litterterifili doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
You don't have to remove the css file, if you are converting to epub with calibre, just check the box that says "disable font rescaling"... works...
terifili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #23
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
A big thanks to you, terifili! I didn't understand that check box and hadn't tried to check it. So far the handful of ePubs I've tried with it works.

I'd sent Kobo a bug report and their response was that the device works fine with ePubs from the Kobo store and that they were investigating the issue. I hope they find and fix the bug because it affects books loaded via ADE, too.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #24
kobo2010
kobo2010 began at the beginning.

I find that when I use Calibre and check that box, the font size change on the kobo is not very much. The letters do not match the font sizes on the display tab of the kobo. They do get slightly larger when I choose the biggest font, but nowhere near the size it shows in the display tab.
kobo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #25
PenelopeWeaving
PenelopeWeaving began at the beginning.

But with library books that are DRM, I don't think you can change anything. I downloaded a library book, couldn't find it, realized it was in documents, then when I opened it in calibre and tried to change the stylesheet etc. it wouldn't let me.
PenelopeWeaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #26
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopeWeaving View Post
But with library books that are DRM, I don't think you can change anything. I downloaded a library book, couldn't find it, realized it was in documents, then when I opened it in calibre and tried to change the stylesheet etc. it wouldn't let me.
I did delete the css file in a library book no problem.
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #27
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think what you can do there, is open the ePub in either WinZip or WinRar (or ANY zip tool) and just drop the one file from the archive.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #28
PenelopeWeaving
PenelopeWeaving began at the beginning.

Unfortunately, I am having the same problem - teeny tiny font size for downloaded library books. However, since they are DRM, I get a message that I cannot change anything. Impossible to read.
PenelopeWeaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #29
kobo2010
kobo2010 began at the beginning.

Silly Question

Ok, so I renamed the epub into a zip file and deleted the .css file, but when I go to rename the zip to an epub it stays a zip, but with .epub in the title? Is there a setting in my windows causing this?
kobo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:37 AM   #30
m0_joe
m0_joe began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
kobo2010, I had the same problem. Are you using Windows Vista or Windows 7 you can follow the link here
m0_joe is offline   Reply With Quote