Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #76
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent. But...

Updating the firmware followed by a factory reset was a waste. The factory reset wipes most of the device and installs the firmware that was on the device when it left the factory. Then it goes through the setup. One step of the setup is to download the latest firmware available to you.

And have you tried a factory reset using the buttons?
Old 09-02-2015, 02:19 PM   #77
eymerich
eymerich began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thank you very much davidfor for your advice about factory reset using the buttons, it worked perfectly.

I am sure that I tried it also before, but between my first tentative and your advice I fully recharged the kobo using my smarphone charger because I wasn't sure about the battey charge...

I am very happy now and I can go back to my readings .
Advert
Old 09-07-2015, 05:09 PM   #78
Mikkele
Mikkele began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura HD
bricked kobo aura HD

Hello,

I tried to update one of our three Kobo ereaders by hand to 3.17 right before holidays- and bricked it.
It switches on and off, reacts to the resetbutton, but the screen stays white (or grey when switched off). The reader isn't recognised neither by linux nor windows.

I tryed to copy the backup files to the external sdcard and restart, but that didn't help. Now I read a lot about the topic, opened the reader and would like to try to write the original files back to the internal sdcard.

Could one of you be so kind and send me an image?

thank you

Mikkele
Old 09-07-2015, 07:16 PM   #79
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:56 AM   #80
Mikkele
Mikkele began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura HD
Managed to repair my ereader, works as if new. Great page, great help.
Thank you davidfor and all others that engage here.
Mikkele
Advert
Old 09-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #81
katravish
katravish began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I need the SD image too. Can someone please send me a pm with link?

ty
Old 09-12-2015, 07:24 PM   #82
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 10-01-2015, 03:39 PM   #83
mam-longman
mam-longman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM Sent.
Hi men.
Ibricked my kobo aura hd too.would you send me the image link too?
tnx

Last edited by mam-longman; 10-01-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:58 PM   #84
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:16 AM   #85
mam-longman

Touch dosen't respond

Quote:
PM sent.
thank you it worked.and my kobo booted up.but my touch screen dosn't respond at all.
please help.
tnx
Old 10-02-2015, 08:47 AM   #86
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mam-longman View Post
thank you it worked.and my kobo booted up.but my touch screen dosn't respond at all.
please help.
Hopefully, this mean you didn't put it back together properly. There have been a few people who haven't seated something properly and the touch didn't work.

Other than that, try a factory reset using the buttons. The few times I have done this, I had some strange behaviour afterwards and a factory reset fixed it.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:15 AM   #87
mam-longman

Quote:
Hopefully, this mean you didn't put it back together properly. There have been a few people who haven't seated something properly and the touch didn't work.

Other than that, try a factory reset using the buttons. The few times I have done this, I had some strange behaviour afterwards and a factory reset fixed it.
I tried it twice and it didnt work.the i tried to access the partitions and put the update file manualy afterward the same problem was there.
Please give me a solution.I have lots of lessons to study.
tnx anyway.

Last edited by mam-longman; 10-02-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #88
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I tried it twice and it didnt work.
Tried what twice? Making sure it was assembled correctly with no loose connections, or the factory reset?
Quote:
the i tried to access the partitions and put the update file manualy afterward
Sorry, what are you doing? If you are putting the firmware update on the SD card before reinstalling it, don't. You need to get the device working before doing that.
Quote:
the same problem was there.
Please give me a solution.I have lots of lessons to study.
It is almost definitely a hardware problem, and if it was working before before you bricked it, then it is most likely to be an reassembly problem.

What is actually happening? You said it rebooted and doesn't respond to touch. What is on the screen. And of course, have you made sure the battery is charged?
Old 10-03-2015, 12:18 AM   #89
mam-longman

Quote:
Tried what twice? Making sure it was assembled correctly with no loose connections, or the factory reset?

Sorry, what are you doing? If you are putting the firmware update on the SD card before reinstalling it, don't. You need to get the device working before doing that.

It is almost definitely a hardware problem, and if it was working before before you bricked it, then it is most likely to be an reassembly problem.

What is actually happening? You said it rebooted and doesn't respond to touch. What is on the screen. And of course, have you made sure the battery is charged?
It was working before I bricked it and I dont think its reassembly problem either because I checked screens conectors twice.
I rebooted and kobo's operating system showed up with some of your books like mine befor but touch doesn'd respond!
Please tell me something.anything you think I will try it.
tnx
Old 10-03-2015, 03:35 AM   #90
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It was working before I bricked it and I dont think its reassembly problem either because I checked screens conectors twice.
It isn't just the connectors. The touch works by shining IR beams across the screen. If you don't align the screen correctly, or have something blocking the emitters and sensors, the touch won't work.
Quote:
I rebooted and kobo's operating system showed up with some of your books like mine befor but touch doesn'd respond!
The image isn't from my device. Someone else created it and gave it to me. I thought it was taken after a factory reset and was empty.

As you are seeing books, that sounds like you haven't done a factory reset using the buttons. I suggest doing this as it can solve all sorts of strange problems.
Quote:
Please tell me something.anything you think I will try it.
Sorry, but the suggestions above are about all I have. I don't have an Aura HD to experiment with. Maybe someone who has one and has pulled it apart will have another idea.
Closed Thread