Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #31
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Get external speakers.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:28 AM   #32
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
Get external speakers.
E.g. audioengine 2 powered speakers. I've recently bought some and they are quite something. And if you have more money, apparently the audioengine 5s are awesome.

Then if you want to do something really mind-blowing, install squeezcenter on your PC (windows/linux/mac) and use it to stream your entire music collection over wifi (or cables) to your iliad, blasting it out through the audioengine speakers.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2008, 06:12 AM   #33
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Hey BinaryDigitz,
you can tweak 2 volumes.
[1] I have set the default volume of mpd to 65%.
Please use "Contentlister based Control of mpd"/"Volume Control" in jukebox dir to set volume.
The volume button in gimmix is a bit buggy.

[2] The volume of iLiad's sound card is set to 75 percent. It's saved in /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml.
You can change the value after installing iliad-regutils.
Code:
regutil /iLiadRegistry/userSetting/sound/volume --set 100
Only use it when you know what you do.

Im sorry for not-releasing-a-new-version-for-a-long-time. I'm right busy right now. I wanted to have the aac support in....
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:43 AM   #34
BinaryDigitz
Techie
BinaryDigitz began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad Book
Hi yokos,
Yeah, I found the mpd volume.
I think the one causing me grief is the volume of iLiad's sound card.

I plug it into our gym sound system, and crank up the volume, but find it is not loud enough.

I will try the volume of iLiad's sound card to 100%.

25% louder should be just what I'm looking for.

Cheers
BinaryDigitz
BinaryDigitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:29 AM   #35
robinmdh
robinmdh began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
not working for me ....

installation seems to have dumped the mpd executable in /bin/mpd but all other files ended up in /media/cf/_local/(with etc, bin, home etc dirs in there)
after moving those files to they appropriate spots i could at least run it.
(could not find libasound.so.2 or something like that)
now when i run it from the console (ssh server) with
Code:
 --verbose --no-daemon --stdout /media/cf/apps/jukebox/_mpd/mpd.conf
binding to address for localhost
flushing warning messages
done flushing warning messages
setFsCharset: fs charset is: UTF-8
libFLAC supports OggFLAC, initializing OggFLAC support
reading DB
No "audio_output" defined in config file
Attempt to detect audio output device
Attempting to detect a alsa audio device
ALSA lib pcm.c:2144:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
Error opening default alsa device: No such file or directory
Attempting to detect a oss audio device
i moved it from Programs to apps sine i already had a apps dir. changed relevant information in mpd.conf.
seeing as it dousn't get trough this initial initializatin it never starts listening for connections. as atested by a mpc play command
Code:
MPD_HOST and/or MPD_PORT environment variables are not set
error: timeout in attempting to get a response from "localhost" on port 6600
any suggestions on getting it to actually play sound?

i have a fairly new iliad which has 2.12 pre installed.

once this is working i would like to begin porting a podcatcher to the iliad
robinmdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 02:56 PM   #36
ChrisMoller
Toymaster
ChrisMoller began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
Non-root mp3?

Is there any way I can install the jukebox mp3 dir in some place other than the root of the memory card?

I'm an old-time Unix/Linux guy, and I like to keep all my apps separated into their own directories. So before installing jukebox, using ssh, I created a couple of dirs under /mnt/free, "music" and "tinkering," along side the usual "books." "documents," etc. Arrogantly ignoring the installation instructions, I copied the jukebox mp3 dir to /mnt/free/music. The jukebox install dir went in /mnt/free/tinkering.

Before running the jukebox install, the books, documents, music, tinkering, etc. dirs all showed up fine under Main Memory in the content lister; after install, all that stuff was missing from the content lister even though it still showed up with ls from ssh.

I tried looking around in the jukebox files for some way to change this behaviour, but since I just started tinkering with iLiad third-party apps only about 18 hours ago, I didn't find anything.

So, is there any way I can get jukebox to use /mnt/free/music as it's music directory? And when I get around to buying more memory for the iLiad, have it use just some directory on the CF, or whatever, card rather than the whole card?

Thanks,
Chris Moller
ChrisMoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:26 AM   #37
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Hello Chris Moller,
you can check installation files (run.sh/jukebox.ipk) out for more information.
In "preinst" in jukebox.ipk you can find this line:
Code:
ln -s ${MOUNTPOINT}/mp3 /usr/local/music_directory # mpd/Gimmix use the directory "mp3" in root of memory card as music_directory
This should do the trick. I hope this helps you.

Last edited by yokos; 09-01-2009 at 04:29 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #38
ChrisMoller
Toymaster
ChrisMoller began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
Yeah, I found that last night--it all works now.

Thanks for the reply, not to mention thanks for writing the app in the first place.
ChrisMoller is offline   Reply With Quote