Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #1
mishka1999
mishka1999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Touch freezes when books uploaded from Calibre

I have a 2nd gen Kindle and upload books from Calibre without a problem. Just got a Kindle Touch and when I load it with the books I have in Calibre (.mobi), I can read the books fine but when I am paging through, the Kindle freezes after a few pages (at p3 of 10). It flickers after a while and jumps to the last page. If I try to swipe back by touching, it will then freeze again and eventually jumps back to page 3. Each time it unfreezes and before it jumps it loses some of the list of books on the page. Where there were 7 books listed on the page now it only shows 3. Where the other 4 titles were, there is a line of dots but no title.

After many hours on the phone w/Kindle Support, they sent me a replacement. Same thing happened w/the replacement. I'm now waiting for Kindle Touch #3 but I fear it will happen again. I have tried uploading the books by connecting and uploading directly to the Kindle, which is what I did with the Kindle 2nd generation and also by saving to disk on a desktop folder and dragging each book doc to the Kindle hard drive on my desktop.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
mishka1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A safe way to deal with this kind of thing is to convert to txt and then convert the txt to mobi. You will lose formatting and table of contents and other niceties, but the basic text data will be preserved. Or you can try a MOBI-MOBI conversion, that might also do the trick.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
mishka1999
mishka1999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks. I re-converted MOBI-MOBI and it worked fine. Love Calibre!
mishka1999 is offline   Reply With Quote