Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
griffbrad
griffbrad began at the beginning.

Does libprs500 support the Sony Reader dock?

I think it would be nice to be able to just drop it on there at night have the New York Times waiting in the morning. Along those lines, is there any way to schedule libprs500's new fetching? I'd gladly pay $100 to have the feature added, if not.
griffbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I assume you're using windows?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #3
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Seems like something that could easily be done with whatever the Windows equivalents are for bash scripts and crontabs....but I've been proven to ruin things with Windows before ;-)
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartard View Post
Seems like something that could easily be done with whatever the Windows equivalents are for bash scripts and crontabs....but I've been proven to ruin things with Windows before ;-)
Thing is I have no idea what those equivalents might be.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The Cradle, if that's what you mean by "dock" is just a port replicator, essentially. it connects to the PC via USB and to AC power via wall-wart -- I don't think that electrically, it's any different from using the USB and AC cables, so it should work with libPRS500 just fine, and I wouldn't think that it would matter what OS you were using either. It's not like it does anything itself, it's just a quicker/easier connection method than the individual cables.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2007, 10:07 PM   #6
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
.bat files and the Windows scheduling service (translated the name of the service from french, might be named in a different way).
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:46 PM   #7
RalphTrickey
Enthusiast
RalphTrickey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There's windows scheduler under the Program Menu/Accessories tab, and batch files for simple stuff (and complex.)

If you want to get crazy, I think that there is at least one tool from MS, and maybe others that will let you run bash, ls, etc.
RalphTrickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:20 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm well a simple script to do this is
Code:
web2lrf nytimes --username abcd --password dcba -o nytimes.lrf
prs500 cp -f nytimes.lrf prs500:/Data/media/books
Just have that run with windows scheduler/cron and you should be good to go provided you remember to drop the reader on its cradle.