Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
Sherhen
Sherhen began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook neo
My bebook neo experience

Let me tell you first that I just love it. It supports all the files I need. It looks good and reading on it is cool. And after I got my first one, which was about a month ago, I would never consider to look for something else but...
The thing is my first one died 4 days after I got it. The screen went crazy. I contacted EI and after few emails they approved to change it. So today I received a brand new Neo. This one is working for now, the thing is you can't turn it on unless it's plugged into laptop. The moment it goes into the standby mode you can make it work only by plugging it into the laptop. Only after the that the power button starts working. I don't know whether I am so 'unlucky' or there is something wrong with Neo. But today I kinda thought that I really made a mistake of bying Neo. Right now i'm thinking of either ask my money back or give it another try, although it means sending it back to Europe again (I'm in States) and wait another few weeks.
Sherhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:24 AM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Sounds like you might just have a flat battery. Did you properly charge it for several hours? What does the battery indicator at the bottom right corner show?

The Neo is a great reader, but one or two bad ones will always slip through QA procedures. That's the same everywhere. No company can afford to manually test each and every single device they ship. You might just be the unlucky person who got two of those bad ones in a row.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
Sherhen
Sherhen began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook neo
The battery is working properly. Full charge.

But can somebody tell me how reliable Neos are? Don't want to the third one (if it'll work in the beginning) break in a few months or so
Sherhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
loopeylisie
Enthusiast
loopeylisie began at the beginning.

Device: none
i've had a neo since october. the only (very minor) problem i've had is it freezes occasionally, which tends to happen if i try to go to fast/do too much. easy fix: just push reset button. otherwise absolutely no problems and i love love love it. hope you have better luck with it.
loopeylisie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
@loopeylisie
Quite often just keeping OK pressed for a few seconds is enough to unfreeze the Neo. That's even easier than resetting.
Did you upgrade the firmware? I used to have freezes like that, but no more since I upgraded to the 1.5.1 Onyx firmware. As that firmware is the basis of the 1.5 Beta Neo firmware, an upgrade to that version might help as well.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
loopeylisie
Enthusiast
loopeylisie began at the beginning.

Device: none
ohhh thanks for the tip, i'll have to try that. doesn't bother me having to reset though. I've just upgraded to the new firmware, so far it's frozen once whilst browsing the web but again, i think i get impatient :-o
loopeylisie is offline   Reply With Quote