Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
jazz_jeff
jazz_jeff began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Question Newbie Question on book searching

I'm a newbie (and to my new to the Sony Reader)

Bought it in Waterstones and had a look on their website. Although they have few of everything in every topic, I can't find certain writers.
Folk like Jack Higgins, Arthur C Clarke, Mario Pulzo (godfather, etc) and so on.

Doe anyone know whats thee largest site out there for books (payable ones of course - don't want to get anyone into trouble on this clearly good site and forum).
Has anyone come across any books available by Jack Higgins or Arthur C Clarke for example and where are they?

(I'm a bit disappointed at the limited range of books so far but have NO complaints about my reader.)
jazz_jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
See Sony Reader book sources beyond CONNECT.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
jazz_jeff

Thanks. Checked out them all and not one had any by Higgins or Clarke (and they wrote a hell of a lot of books)!

Its very disappointing in this day and age that best sellers such as them are not even included.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Umm, I can see 9 Clarke books on Fictionwise and a bunch on BooksOnBoard.
Are you sure you checked all sources for all authors?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #5
jazz_jeff

Aye, there is a lot of mainstream writers that I know of missing.
I sent an email to Waterstones asking when was thing likely to improve.
Will let you know of their reply, if any...
Old 09-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #6
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I received and e-mail from Sony on Friday about Arthur C. Clarke. Looks like they're offering his short stories.

Quote:
In March, the world lost one of the preeminent and seminal masters of the sci-fi genre. In memory of the genius of Arthur C. Clarke, we've compiled 103 short stories from Clarke's enormous body of work, now available at the eBook Store from Sony. Build your sci-fi library with this entire special collection, or download individual Clarke titles, priced at only $1.99 each.
Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #7
jazz_jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
I received and e-mail from Sony on Friday about Arthur C. Clarke. Looks like they're offering his short stories.
Dreamer
I did see those but as I have his ENTIRE collection of short stories, I was looking for at least some of his full lenght books. I was shocked and disappointed to see a lack of them!
Its not as if he wrote a few!

I hope the situation improves sometime.