Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #211
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Well!!!

The 2 x .92c (AUD) Ruth Dudley Edwards books at Kobo work on 'vouchercode40' and cost .55c

The code works on all the Edwards books as Sufue said - and I now own 6 of them.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #212
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And I see that Michael Pearce's Mamur Zapt ebooks are coming to Poisoned Pen Press as well - you beauty!!

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-05-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: to add the 'e' before books
Old 01-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #213
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
And I see that Michael Pearce's Mamur Zapt ebooks are coming to Poisoned Pen Press as well - you beauty!!
Where did you see this? I would be ecstatic, over the moon, thrilled, and quite generally chuffed if this were the case. MZ is my second favorite mystery series right after Sarah Caudwell's four mysteries. Can you post a link?

I've e-mailed PPP a couple of times over the years hoping/wishing and they have said they didn't have the e-rights to the MZ series and basically that it just wasn't going to happen. Once I even asked PPP for who DID have the e-rights, and PPP gave me a name and address (a literary agency if memory serves???), and I emailed those people and never heard anything back.

I wonder if this is just in Australia, since I notice you are located there. And, in that case I wonder if the ebooks might be also coming in the UK? Or Canada? I have trips to both the UK and Canada coming up in the next year, or maybe my rarely used proxy server will get fired up...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #214
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Hi Sufue, fellow lover of Michael Pearce's mighty wit, droll and general wonderful story telling!!!!

Here's a copy of what was said in reply to a email question re Michael Pearce:

'Hoping to obtain ebook rights for the Pearces. Fabulous series.'

And here's the link:

Poisoned Press

(It's the last Q&A comment at the bottom of the page)

But - after reading your accounts with them then maybe this is just their stock answer now.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #215
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Sufue thanks for the thumbs up re Caudwell.

I hadn't heard of her before and my local library, which is quite good re Crime and Mystery, doesn't stock her.

Kobo's got 3 of her titles (and so has Amazon in Kindle format), so I bought her first, thus was Adonis Murdered for $4.79 using our friend Vouchercodes40.

Wonder why the 4th in the series isn't in ebook format?

--------------------------
Edit:

I just found that Sony US has the 4th:

The Sybil in her Grave - $7.99

Even more curious why Amazon and Kobo don't have it.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-06-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #216
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sufue thanks for the thumbs up re Caudwell.

I hadn't heard of her before and my local library, which is quite good re Crime and Mystery, doesn't stock her.

Kobo's got 3 of her titles (and so has Amazon in Kindle format), so I bought her first, thus was Adonis Murdered for $4.79 using our friend Vouchercodes40.

Wonder why the 4th in the series isn't in ebook format?

--------------------------
Edit:

I just found that Sony US has the 4th:

The Sybil in her Grave - $7.99

Even more curious why Amazon and Kobo don't have it.
Each of her books was written several years apart, maybe there were pretty different contracts for each??? For many years, only two were available as ebooks: Sirens and Sibyl. I had actually scanned and OCR'd the other two for myself and I don't put that much work into things very often! Glad to see that all four are now available.

I hope you enjoy them! I've found that the friends I've recommended Caudwell's books to either love or hate them - no in-betweens.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #217
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Haven't heard of either of these authors before, so thanks for the recommendations. Both appear to have audiobook versions out, so will check them out first.
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #218
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Ozron, Michael Pearce's Dead Man in ..... series is also ab fab.

Because he's a UK uni History Prof his books include a lot of historical fact as well as a total mock of the English foreign office admin system of the period. These books are written in the period around 1900 ish.

Enjoy
Old 01-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #219
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Quote:
Hi Sufue, fellow lover of Michael Pearce's mighty wit, droll and general wonderful story telling!!!!

Here's a copy of what was said in reply to a email question re Michael Pearce:

'Hoping to obtain ebook rights for the Pearces. Fabulous series.'

And here's the link:

Poisoned Press

(It's the last Q&A comment at the bottom of the page)

But - after reading your accounts with them then maybe this is just their stock answer now.
I emailed again and asked, specifically about countries other than the US, and got this comment back:

Quote:
No, unfortunately, we do not have the e-book rights anywhere.
and then when I asked about possibilities:

Quote:
Truthfully, it is a complicated situation. There is always hope, though!
The latter comment paradoxically made me feel less optimistic , but I guess I'll still keep my fingers crossed and be hopeful...there are just too many of the MZ books for me to scan and OCR.

I echo the positive comments about Pearce's Dead Man series too - and they ARE available as ebooks, although not from PPP.

(@Lynx-lynx, mutual congratulations on our good taste )

Last edited by sufue; 01-07-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #220
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
From links provided with the few Pearce MZ paper books on Amazon, one can click on "I'd like to read this book on Kindle." The more requests, the better. I've been rather persistent on a few other older p-books and they are now available as an e-book. It can't hurt.

Last edited by Skydog; 01-07-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #221
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
From links provided with the few Pearce MZ paper books on Amazon, one can click on "I'd like to read this book on Kindle." The more requests, the better. I've been rather persistent on a few other older p-books and they are now available as an e-book. It can't hurt.
Been there, done that, but maybe I'll do it with my son's and husband's accounts too, sometime in the dead of night, when they don't know I'm doing it!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #222
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
....................... I echo the positive comments about Pearce's Dead Man series too - and they ARE available as ebooks, although not from PPP.

(@Lynx-lynx, mutual congratulations on our good taste )
Sufue re the Dead Man series, I can only find them at Sony US, Soho Constable as the pub. And none of them are 'cheap'; and Sony doesn't seem to have many discount voucher schemes.

Do you know where else they may be?

The last edition my library got was Dead Man in Naples and there are 2 more since then.

---------------------
Edit: Beg pardon Dead Man in Malta is the only book I haven't read. I've read Dead Man in Barcelona and it precedes Naples anyway.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-07-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #223
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Sufue I'm assuming you've read Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody series? Oh my - what a wonderful wonderful way to write an adventure story - so many laugh out loud moments ....
Old 01-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #224
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Sufue re the Dead Man series, I can only find them at Sony US, Soho Constable as the pub. And none of them are 'cheap'; and Sony doesn't seem to have many discount voucher schemes.

Do you know where else they may be?

The last edition my library got was Dead Man in Naples and there are 2 more since then.

---------------------
Edit: Beg pardon Dead Man in Malta is the only book I haven't read. I've read Dead Man in Barcelona and it precedes Naples anyway.
There are five at Amazon (U.S.): [Dead Man] - Athens, Barcelona, Istanbul, Naples & Trieste.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #225
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Past Imperfect is now free at Amazon.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote