Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #1081
djrm
Enthusiast
djrm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4, iPhone 6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Go to FFDL config, the Standard Columns tab, check Series New Only. The title page inside will still show the series as set by the site, though.
Thanks! I will try that.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #1082
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Hey there Jimm, just dropping by and giving you and the team my thanks for the continued development and maintenance of the plugin! Hats off to you guys.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #1083
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
Hey there Jimm, just dropping by and giving you and the team my thanks for the continued development and maintenance of the plugin! Hats off to you guys.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #1084
jackr
Connoisseur
jackr has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook STR, Pocket eDGe
Hello again . It has been a long time since I have been on this thread. A nasty ransomware virus back in the summer basically set me back on everything.

I haven't found the time to read up on all the posts, so maybe some of my questions (requests) have already been discussed. My apologies ahead of time if so.

I love that you did incorporate the error column, but could you include a way (perhaps as a command in personal.ini) to tell the plugin to only export specific errors? Mainly because I only want to know if a story no longer exists or something, and not that it is already up to date.

The only other thing off the top of my head at the moment has to do with the count pages portion. And to be honest, it is just a small thing for me. I like to use the count pages portion only on stories that have changed their metadata to being complete. But this is something I can just do periodically anyways with the count pages plugin.

Other than that, everything is working and looking great. As usual, FFDL is my most used plugin (followed by reading list and view manager).
Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #1085
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New testing version--this one has:
  • Force JPG converted images to have bgcolor
  • Collect larger cover images for ffnet
  • Exclude 'ribbon' images as covers on dramione

This should fix problems with transparent parts of images turning black.

fanfiction.net(ffnet) has added story covers, which FFDL has supported (sorta), but this uses a slightly larger image the make available now.

The problem is, if a story doesn't have it's own image, ffnet shows the author's image without any way I've found for FFDL to know the difference. So cover images default to off for ffnet.

If you want to try them, add this to your personal.ini:

Code:
[www.fanfiction.net]
never_make_cover: false
Let me know how this works for you. Thanks.

UPDATE Jan 02, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-02-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #1086
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you! I tried this version and added the section to my personal.ini file but the cover image doesn't show up in Calibre nor on my Kindle, am I doing something wrong? The Generate Cover plugin is not needed, right?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it to work.
EDIT2: Not really, the image is now the first page in the epub, but is not shown as the cover-image in Calibre or on the Kindle (after and before conversion to MOBI).

Last edited by cryzed; 12-05-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #1087
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@cryzed - I copied your personal.ini into a test library and it worked fine for me.

Are you sure you have the Basic tab setting 'Update Calibre Cover when Updating Metadata' turned on? And that your convert to mobi settings keep the cover? Also remember that images only work when you download in epub format.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #1088
cryzed
Evangelist

I do download the stories as EPUB, the tab setting is enabled and the cover doesn't show up in Calibre even before I convert it to MOBI (even if I download an entirely new story).
Here's a screenshot from a random story I downloaded, with the configuration I posted earlier. As you can see the first page is the cover, but is not displayed as the cover image in Calibre or on my Kindle Paperwhite after conversion.

EDIT: It really was a random story, I don't read Naruto/Sasuke slash stories... .
Old 12-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #1089
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

The only way I can reproduce that state is if I have the Basic tab setting 'Update Calibre Cover when Updating Metadata' turned off.

Other than that, I've no idea why it's doing that for you.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #1090
cryzed
Evangelist

Well color me retarded, I thought you meant by "Basic tab" setting the little checkbox in the update dialog, I am sorry and thank you!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #1091
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
I came across two stories today on TTHFanfic that FFDL doesn't seem to want to download or update after I've used TTH's in house EPUB downloader to get the file and then added it to Calibre.

This is what FFDL kicks back when I try either option:
Bad
A Watcher's Charming Adventure
toots
'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-18190
Bad
A Watcher's Charming Encounter
toots
'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-17632

Not sure what the issue is. It's story 2 and 3 respectively of a 6 story series and the other 4 stories download/update with no problems.

It's not a big deal as I was able to get the stories through a different method and since they're part of a series I just copied the important info from the others. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention. Oh, and I tried it with both version 1.6 and 1.7 of FFDL on vers .9.8 of Calibre.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #1092
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@BookJunkieLI - I'm not able to duplicate the problem. Using TTH's epub, update always works fine, and so does using FFDL to download the whole thing.

If you run into it again, post or send me a copy of the epub that caused it. Without that, there's not much I can do about it.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #1093
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Jimm, I have a request. Could you make FFDL collect the "Collections" information from AO3?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #1094
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
Jimm, I have a request. Could you make FFDL collect the "Collections" information from AO3?
Examples? And how would you want it handled? Just a list of collections the story belongs to?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #1095
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
I have a custom column for the information. Until now I added it manually.
Here are a few examples from different collections:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/585034
http://archiveofourown.org/works/512589
http://archiveofourown.org/works/488775/chapters/852745

If I could configure it on the custom columns tab, that would be good.

I think the stories that are in collections have two different urls.
This is on the authors page
http://archiveofourown.org/works/505088
And this is on the page of the collection
http://archiveofourown.org/collectio...2/works/505088
Closed Thread